Nexus vs Rezound

Knowpig

Reaction score
Hummm. Looking at these side by side right now.
Quadrant Resound: 2467.
Quadrant Nexus: 1699.
Stock for stock. And the HTC looks/feels a little better IMHO. Wish I owned both to really try them out.

Posted with my thought to text Liquid Droid2.

Hsunami

Reaction score
yea i have a rezound now too been thinking of getting the nexus...UNTILL my VZW store decides to get them in.

I would assume Rezound is higher because its clocked at 1.5GHZ right now and the Nexus is at 1.2GHZ but if we put in a custom kernal etc etc it should be faster...unless the finally unlock the bootloader on the rezound which is taking forever

MY VZW dealer knew how conflicted i was between the two and i asked if i got the rezound now and when the nexus came out and i traded could i trade back if i didn't like it. He said he'll let me have an expection. so WOOT It was one of the store manager people not the workers so i should be ok.

Doesn't hurt to try asking. Get the rezound first or vice versa

seminole1994

Reaction score
quadrant isn't updated to ICS yet so the numbers will be low for the Nexus

lazarus2297

Reaction score
i will chime in since I had the rezound for almost a month and switched to the nexus on pretty much my last day to exchange (best buy not vzw store).. I am not gonna flat out say i regret my decision but I am not super glad I exchanged the rezound for the nexus.

First off I couldn't care less what quadrant scores are..

The screen is better on the rezound, the camera is better on the rezound (albeit slower).

My main reason for getting the nexus was that for once i like "vanilla" android. I didn't care for vanilla froyo, or GB, and I was concerned what HTC would do to ICS with there sense overlay (which i actually really like)

in a perfect world (ya know the one where i don't have to always have something new.. LOL) i would wait and see what ICS looks like on the rezound then make my decision but alas I am not that disciplined.. besides i have another upgrade to use if I really like the HTC sense/ICS combo

if you have any specific questions just ask having owned the rezound for a month I can pretty much compare whatever you would like..

OP
Knowpig

Knowpig

Reaction score
I appreciate the input. I am interested in the fluid transition between apps. When you go from messaging to forums to a game then to Facebook. That's why I ran the quadrant. I wanted to see the number not so much to yell it from the mountain top but rather to see how they each handled a bit of tasking.
So I am looking for smooth and snappy. This one's for the wife. For myself, I am leaning towards the Nexus just for the simple fact that it's an open slate for the devs.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
switching between apps is very fast and super easy now with the dedicated page button (not sure what the real name is) I forget how easy it is and find myself using the old option of pressing the home button then navigating back the the other app all over again but if you use the dedicated button it's very smooth..

hwiya320

Reaction score
I played around with both at the store and I was more impressed than before with the screen and picture quality of the Rezound. I did expect a lot out of Nexus due to all the hype. I was definitely disappointed with the pictures, especially compared to the Iphone4S and the Rezound that was sitting next to it. I wonder how the qualities are for the two phones in the long run. One thing that worries me about the Samsung phones are the build quality compared to Motorola phones. How do HTC phones hold up?

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Hummm. Looking at these side by side right now.
Quadrant Resound: 2467.
Quadrant Nexus: 1699.
Stock for stock. And the HTC looks/feels a little better IMHO. Wish I owned both to really try them out.

Quadrant is not optimized for ICS. Can't really compare.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I played around with both at the store and I was more impressed than before with the screen and picture quality of the Rezound. I did expect a lot out of Nexus due to all the hype. I was definitely disappointed with the pictures, especially compared to the Iphone4S and the Rezound that was sitting next to it. I wonder how the qualities are for the two phones in the long run. One thing that worries me about the Samsung phones are the build quality compared to Motorola phones. How do HTC phones hold up?

I had the bionic and even go the razr on launch day and honestly the rezound felt more solid then either of those in fact my razr (that i returned) made a creaking sound on the sides that bothered me.. the rezound was very solid, and although from a build quality standpoint i didn't expect much from the nexus it is suprsingly light yet feels solid no creaky noises..yet..

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
One thing I didn't like about the Rezound was the recessed volume rocker and power button. Definitely not regretting the Nexus though, I think it's the best overall phone on the market right now.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
One thing I didn't like about the Rezound was the recessed volume rocker and power button. Definitely not regretting the Nexus though, I think it's the best overall phone on the market right now.

ahh yes thank you for reminding me I knew there was something that bothered me about the rezound...

supercripple

Reaction score
ahh yes thank you for reminding me I knew there was something that bothered me about the rezound...

To tell the truth, that bugged me when I first got the Rezound as well.. but immediately after I unboxed it I went to another store in the mall and got the Otter Box for it, and it has amazing buttons for the volume and power. With that case the phone is an absolute dream. I've run the battery down several times just staring at the darn screen and swiping from screen to screen. It's wonderfully fast, and if HTC holds true to their word, I think it's only going to get better when it gets ICS in Q1.

Htown315

Reaction score
Don't really understand why we are looking at quadrant scores. My D2 scores over 3k. Use antutu or something if u want to bench new devices.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
To tell the truth, that bugged me when I first got the Rezound as well.. but immediately after I unboxed it I went to another store in the mall and got the Otter Box for it, and it has amazing buttons for the volume and power. With that case the phone is an absolute dream. I've run the battery down several times just staring at the darn screen and swiping from screen to screen. It's wonderfully fast, and if HTC holds true to their word, I think it's only going to get better when it gets ICS in Q1.

Wow, I didn't even think of that. You're smart. :biggrin:

lazarus2297

Reaction score

I really don't like otterboxes, too much case for me. I prefer my phone naked, or if I must I like the slim holster combo like seido makes (for every phone but the rezound.. :( )