Here you go RAZR-bashers and Rezound-pushers...eat my dust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wonder why they chose to use a "Z" in place of the "S" in ReZound. Maybe it's because they were trying to compete with the RaZr? Motorola Droid RAZR vs HTC Rezound - Benchmark Tests (video)

DROID RAZR Benchmark Results:
Quadrant Standard: 2,734
Quadrant Advanced: 2,941
CF-Bench: Native — 11,167 Java — 2,944 Overall — 6,233
Antutu: 6,042
Vellamo: 1023
Multitouch Test: 10 simultaneous touch-points
NeoCore: 59.2 fps

HTC Rezound Benchmark Results:
Quadrant Standard: 2,373 - FAIL!
Quadrant Advanced: 2,504 - FAIL!
CF-Bench: Native — 9,194 Java — 1,613 Overall — 4,645 - FAIL, and FAIL, and FAIL!!
Antutu: 4,996 (few more runs scored higher – 5,532) - FAIL!
Vellamo: 921 - FAIL!
Multitouch Test: 4 simultaneous touch-points - A RESOUNDING FAIL!!!
NeoCore: 59.4 fps - Oooh, a win??? Yeah, .2 frames per second! I'm going to turn in my RAZR for the Rezound...NOT!!!

Hey, take notice of the beautiful colors, high contrast, and the overall better image of the phone on the left. For those of you who are hoping it's the Rezound...it's NOT - FAIL!!!

The Rezound has a faster processor, though clocked down to the same speed, and yet it's still beat out by the RAZR! So the Rezound has higher resolution. Who looks at their screen with a jeweler's loupe anyway? I sure don't. If it's all the near-sighted teenage texters, well go get your Rezound with your Beats and Dr. Dre (Hey Doc, where's your Doctorate Certificate, anyway??) We can go back to the other stats such as battery size, physical phone size, thickness, beauty, but I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings...yeah, right! RAZR wins.

It's not all about processor model, clock speed, graphics processor, etc. It's more about how well the components are integrated and work together, and how well the software is written to take advantage of the chips' features.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Benchmarks and the people who brag about them =

CoolStoryBro.jpg

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Benchmarks and the people who brag about them =

CoolStoryBro.jpg

You'd trade what you have now for him in a heartbeat if you could, but then you'd have to say you FAILED!!!!

jcardona1

Reaction score
And for the record, I don't own either of these devices. But I have used them in person. I'd take the Rezound in a heartbeat. The display and camera alone are much better than the Razr. It's not always about how cool you can be when you show off your benchmarks.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Sounds like you build the damn phone , you are so proud of it . Newsflash , buying a phone doesn't make you any better , it's just a product , anybody who wants that phone can buy one , and millions already did . It's just that not everybody wants this phone . It's not the holy phone or something , though I'm starting to doubt that seeing that you promote this phone worse than Jehovah witness promote Jesus . It's amazing the lengths people take to defend a damn product .

busab

Reaction score
I love my Razr but I don't approve of this kind of publicity.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure a thread providing a list of meaningless benchmarks and bashing Dr. Dre for not being a real doctor is very useful. I think the Rezound name has more to do with the trend these days where no one wants to spell anything correctly, not to sound like RAZR.

BTW, Quadrant is useless, some of the graphical benchmarks run faster on my overclocked Optimus V than on my Bionic.

Ditto for Neocore, higher score on my Optimus V.

And a phone with a 1280x720 screen has 921,600 pixels to manipulate. A qHD screen is 960x540, or 518,400 pixels. Reality is that it takes alot more horsepower and memory bandwith to refresh a 720p screen. And though you minimize it, the difference in resolution is noticable in everyday use, not only under a jeweler's loupe.

Htown315

Reaction score
Ya I was going to add that as well..the better screen on the HTC handicaps it when running a benchmark against a screen with lower ppi

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
The points test was amazing to me. The Rezound only recognizes 4 points while the Razr all 10.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sounds like you build the damn phone , you are so proud of it . Newsflash , buying a phone doesn't make you any better , it's just a product , anybody who wants that phone can buy one , and millions already did . It's just that not everybody wants this phone . It's not the holy phone or something , though I'm starting to doubt that seeing that you promote this phone worse than Jehovah witness promote Jesus . It's amazing the lengths people take to defend a damn product .

It's funny to see how upset people get when they get a little backlashing of their own bashing (you are a case in point from past posts). After all the RAZR bashing I'd seen, I was doing that post for one reason. To see what kind of responses I'd get.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I love my Razr but I don't approve of this kind of publicity.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

My point, exactly. I'm just am sick of people bashing the RAZR (and for that matter all other phones) all the time. To put it bluntly, every phone has its pros and cons. Why it has to be a competition all the time is what has me miffed. I have been defending the RAZR (to this point) without bashing anyone else's phone but I wanted to see how the trolls would respond if I took the aggressive position. I am happy to see they're paying attention.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Awesome.use of the word fail, next time try to work in "winning" to take your post to the next level.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow you really have no clue, and should be banned for trying to start a thread to start trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.