Nexus 7 2013 issues

Scimino

Reaction score
So last night I replaced a LCD/digitizer assembly. It was very difficult to do. I had to pry off the old one which completely destroyed the screen. Anyway now that I have it back together the battery icon shows a red exclamation. And I can't download any apps. I get package invalid. Also, I cannot get into the boot loader. It shows the android guy on his back and "no command" underneath it. Also, I can't update to kitkat it says download failed every time. Any ideas?

OP
Scimino

Scimino

Reaction score
To add, after I got it all together it powered up and everything works. The speakers, camera, power and volume buttons. I've tried factory resets and restarts. Nothing seems to works. I've also taken the back plate off and reseated the battery. It did go into the boot loader once, but now nothing. The next thing I can do is make sure all the flex cables are seated right. I just hate taking that cover off the LCD is paper thin.
Correction: I can get into the boot loader just can't get into recovery.

Last edited:

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
To get into recovery, you need to use the volume UP/DOWN buttons to scroll the menu, once completed, tap the power button to begin the process.
You should see the 'START' icon appear next to the power button, scroll up or down with the volume control buttons to select RECOVERY mode, tap power button to activate.

OP
Scimino

Scimino

Reaction score
I know how to do it. My recovery menu says "no command". I'll just hook my nexus up to a PC and use adb to get kitkat