Wish to refersh my Nexus 7 completely!

intelarmamd

Reaction score
I have Nexus 7 2012 version unrooted and it has Android KitKat 4.2.2 version. The problem is that my tablet has become very slow and sometimes behaves strangely. Another problem I am facing is that sometimes I am unable to access Google Play store. When I try to open it I see the message "Redeem your code", "Gift Card & Promotional Code". Sometimes the play store opens accidently but soon it closes and the above mentioned message appears. Also from other forums some people advised the following but no one gave me any links to the guides from where I could understand how to do what they advise. They advised 1- To clear cache and data. and 2- Boot to recovery, 3- Clear Dalvik cache, Restart. I could only search the below guides:

For Cache Partition Wipe I found:
[GUIDE] Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013) Cache Partition Wipe - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

For boot to recovery I found:

How to boot into Recovery Mode Nexus 7 | Rob Schmuecker

But I can't find any guide to clear Dalvik cache and clear data. I asked about that from them but no one replied. Could you be kind enough to guide me what to do and what not and provide me some information about this?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If you are on 4.2.2 then first I'd suggest updating to 4.4.2 (4.4.3 may be available as well.) you're still on Jelly bean and kit Kat is available.

To wipe data. Turn the device off. Hold power + vol up + vol down for a few seconds and the bootloader will appear. Use volume down to bring up recovery, and press vol up (or power I can't remember) to enter it. You may see a dead android, if so then you need to press volume down and tap volume up. Or some button combo similar to that. Forgive me, it's been a while since I've even turned mine on. Wipe data will be in there.

Sent from my DE Moto X

robschmuecker

Reaction score
Hi Interlarmamd

A pingback from you post brought me here. You never asked at my blog?! Perhaps you were referring to An
Have a look at this.
https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/4596836?hl=en
It should get you what you want.

p.s. make sure your device has a good amount of charge as you don't want the battery to be so low that it can switch off in a crucial stage!
R.