Cracked screen Droid HD

cprliz123

Reaction score
I have a Razr HD with a broken LCD and digitizer. My research generally shows that the 2 parts are fused together and very difficult to separate for other Razrs...anyone have experience with this on the HD? Also, since both are broken, I need to replace both...I can find digis but no LCDs...any help?

Liz

Last edited:

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I have a Razr HD with a broken LCD and digitizer. My research generally shows that the 2 parts are fused together and very difficult to separate for other Razrs...anyone have experience with this on the HD? Also, since both are broken, I need to replace both...I can find digis but no LCDs...any help?

Liz

Funny you say this, I was wondering what the combo would go for too the other day since I used to be in the business and iPhone LCD and Digi assemblies were usually around 70 to 100 bucks.

NOT the case on these puppies....

Motorola Droid RAZR HD XT926 LCD Screen Display with Digitizer Touch Panel Black | eBay

Looking at around $300 and thats NOT installed, but installing an already assembled LCD and Digi is fairly easy.

kinesis

Reaction score
Funny you say this, I was wondering what the combo would go for too the other day since I used to be in the business and iPhone LCD and Digi assemblies were usually around 70 to 100 bucks.

NOT the case on these puppies....

Motorola Droid RAZR HD XT926 LCD Screen Display with Digitizer Touch Panel Black | eBay

Looking at around $300 and thats NOT installed, but installing an already assembled LCD and Digi is fairly easy.

Any tips for how easy it is? Attempting it soon.

kinesis

Reaction score
Yeah,

my main problem is that the design of the razr HD looks just different enough that I'm unclear the best way to open it. Do most motorola phones open via the kevlar backing? the HD has that metal lining in the middle which makes me leery that perhaps the back isn't what i remove first.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Yeah,

my main problem is that the design of the razr HD looks just different enough that I'm unclear the best way to open it. Do most motorola phones open via the kevlar backing? the HD has that metal lining in the middle which makes me leery that perhaps the back isn't what i remove first.

I used to sell massive amounts of iPhone LCDs and Digis and the assemblies and they take all of a few minutes to fix, even for the inexperienced but after watching this video... I dont know... I think I would just toss the phone, this looks like brain surgery!