Nexus 6p Screen protector

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I think you will find lots of peeps keep backups and rotate them as they get new devices.
It's what I do and I am now sitting with 2 backups...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
$163 & 40 some cents. You pay ahead before getting the shipping label. You have to purchase the repair, then call them back & give them information again, then they put in the request to generate the shipping label.

Seems like square trade is close with the deductible.

Good news is, my wife thought she was being sneaky, talking me into getting her onto my plan & off her mom's & getting a new S7. I had the idea that I could use the Note 4 instead of the S3 as a backup now.

I waited to call back until Friday afternoon because I've been busy, so my shipping label should be in my inbox tomorrow or Tuesday.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
$163 & 40 some cents. You pay ahead before getting the shipping label. You have to purchase the repair, then call them back & give them information again, then they put in the request to generate the shipping label.

Seems like square trade is close with the deductible.

Good news is, my wife thought she was being sneaky, talking me into getting her onto my plan & off her mom's & getting a new S7. I had the idea that I could use the Note 4 instead of the S3 as a backup now.

I waited to call back until Friday afternoon because I've been busy, so my shipping label should be in my inbox tomorrow or Tuesday.

Being it is that close I might just pay square trade $69.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
on second thought, how long.... let me read through the hauwei repair site

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
They gave me the link over the phone. I called first. Idk if the link was specific to a screen repair, or specific to my personal case. You go to the link they provide & pay, then provide that order number & the original order number from purchase (since I ordered direct from them) via email, then they process the order & you have to call them again to verify the SN & IMEI.

It's 10-14 days turn around from the date they receive it, just like the back glass was. I was hoping since this one is on my dime, it'd be a bit faster, but not a big deal since I have the Note for backup now.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, my phone should be back on Monday. Went ahead & ordered a 2 pack of the SuperShieldz. I'm still not crazy about the idea of a screen protector, but I figure I should at least give it a try. We'll see how long I actually use one...

Sent from my Note 4

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Had mine on since day one. Can't tell it's there.

Good to know.

Sent from my Note 4
I think you'll be happy with a tempered glass SP. They provide great protection without the any of the issues you find with film protectors.
Good luck! Hopefully you won't have any more problems with this device!

S5 tap'n

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Found a couple scratches today. Wonder if they would have scratched the screen?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Found a couple scratches today. Wonder if they would have scratched the screen?
You know, if the tempered glass got scratched, I'm going to say with relative confidence that the Gorilla Glass would have scratched too. Better to have the easily and inexpensive screen protector get scratched than the actual screen for sure.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My wife looked at me like I was nuts when I told her I ordered a couple protectors. She knows all too well how I feel about the idea of them.

But, like I told her, for $8 for 2 of them, if I don't mind them and they offer that much more protection for my phone, it's well worth giving them a try.

I can't say that I've ever actually used a glass one on any of my devices. Last one I tried was the plastic type, so I may be being unfair by swearing ever type off altogether. Now, I just have to wait for the stupid UPS facility to open at 3:30 so I can get my phone back that's been there since around 1am Saturday. Would've been nice if Huawei gave me the option to pay a little extra for Saturday delivery.