OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hit them up and you can get replacement ...best customer service and it's possible not enough adhesive went on with your screen protector...

6s plus Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Hit them up and you can get replacement ...best customer service and it's possible not enough adhesive went on with your screen protector...

6s plus Tapatalk
I bought the 2 pack but I really don't want to waste one because of two corners coming up. I'll email them and see what they say.

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I bought the 2 pack but I really don't want to waste one because of two corners coming up. I'll email them and see what they say.
They will replace it my friend ...go ahead try the second to see if same issue ...you can email if you want before you try second ..

6s plus Tapatalk

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, cynkrzy! Just ordered the SuperShieldz from Amazon for my soon to arrive 6P. Figure I'll protect it from day one!!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Broke my screen on Thursday. I hate screen protectors, but I'm contemplating getting one after I get it repaired. However, it also wasn't in a case at the time.

For reference, a screen repair from Huawei is $163 & some change.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
YIKES!!! :eek: Did you have insurance?
Nope. I bought direct from Huawei & they didn't offer Nexus Protect. I've never made a claim on insurance, though I had it for years, so I wasn't too concerned. By the time I thought I might get Square Trade insurance, I was too late because you have to enroll the device in a certain time window after getting it.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
I debated getting Nexus Protect, but with the $79 deductible, and the fact that (like you) I've never made a claim on insurance when I had it, I decided against spending the $89. And now, after your advice that screen replacement runs $163, that $168 (insurance cost plus deductible) doesn't seem like such a great deal...

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
The advantage is advanced replacement. You don't send your device off and wait. You don't need to figure out anything.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That would be nice. I'm looking at having to use the s3 again while it's out for replacement. Just waiting on my shipping label. Will be interested to see if they do a paid repair faster than a free out-of-warranty repair...

rosariorose9

Reaction score
The advantage is advanced replacement. You don't send your device off and wait. You don't need to figure out anything.

Thanks for that info, tech. Makes that insurance tempting, although it is expensive.

What Jonny said about using his S3 while waiting for replacement has persuaded me to keep my Droid Maxx, instead of selling it, in case I need it if my 6P is ever 'down'.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I always keep at least one old phone as a spare. If I'd have known I'd need one twice so close together, I wouldn't have sold the s4 to my cousin (who already broke it...)