Nexus 6P Camera Already Named Second Best by DxOMark

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-6p-camera.jpg

The folks at DxOMark already got their hands on the new Google Nexus 6P and put its camera through their battery of tests. It actually scored an 84, which is second only to the Samsung Galaxy S6, beating out other worthy contenders like the iPhone 6 Plus, the Galaxy Note 4 and the LG G4. Here's a summary of what the folks at DxOMark had to say about it:

"Photos -
Pros
-Impressive detail preservation in low light conditions, by far the best tested to date.
-Good detail preservation in outdoor conditions.
-Accurate and fast autofocus in all conditions.
-Good white balance and color rendering in outdoor conditions.
-Flash: Good flash behavior with good detail preservation, white balance and color rendering.
-Images are well exposed.

transparent.png
Cons
-Visible irregularities in exposure, color, texture and noise due to HDR+ mode activation in low light conditions.
-In high dynamic scenes, the highlights of the images are occasionally blown out.
-When triggered, the shot is taken before the autofocus has converged.

Video -
Pros
-Good global exposure, white balance and color rendering.
-The autofocus is fast and accurate.
-Low noise level in all conditions.

transparent.png
Cons
-The strong jello effect due to the stabilization provides unpleasant videos during motions scenes.
-Refocus are visible under illuminant changes and thefocus is lost during tracking movement.
-Fine details are lost in low light conditions.
-Color shading is visible in low light and indoor conditions.
"

Thanks for the tip, @Ollie.

Source: Google Nexus 6P review: Serious contender for mobile photography | DxOMark

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
This makes me very happy. As lame as it is, I am a huge user of Instagram, and I love to get good shots of things, and I really wanted a phone with a larger screen that also has a decent camera, but not a Samsung phone (Note 5 is about the only option, AND expensive. MXPE is also apparently a decent option as well, but lacks some other features, particularly the fingerprint scanner.)

So, the fact that this has a good camera, a larger screen, a fingerprint scanner and a manageable price makes me a very happy camper. Not to mention, officially supported on Project Fi, and all other carriers. Waiting to buy this phone has me very impatient!

mach330

Reaction score
Curious to see the how the new iPhone s compares.

Tap'd via Note 4...