NewDroider - help on document files

tigercubz

Reaction score
Still playing with new Droid. Verizon guy said I could use it to replace my PDA. But so far, I have doubts. I got the Droid connected to the computer and copyied some document text files (not Word .doc files) to the Droid. But ... how to I access them? I have two notetaking apps installed, "All Notes" and "Notebook." How do I actually access the SD card from the Droid? Any assistance gratefully appreciated....:D

Thanks ... tigercubz

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wel this is for Dosc2go, but when I open docs to go. Click on word it says "open a document". Click on that and it shoudl see dosc on the phone. Maybe your notepad app works close to the same way?

OP
T

tigercubz

Reaction score
Thanks, Miami, but it's the other way around actually -- I'd like to view the documents ON the Droid. I can start new docs with either app, but can't figure out how to view ones I've copied from computer. hmm......

smilingcalico

Reaction score
Just a guess but it sounds like the apps you have aren't designed to look for or open docs it didn't create. Or perhaps they are in a format it doesn't recognize.
For instance, I downloaded a video file before I downloaded a video player. Naturally no program displayed the file because none recognized it. I downloaded a video player and the file was picked up quickly.