document reader app?

rsteabo

Reaction score
i want to read a friend's not yet published book on my droid x. it is a super long word .doc document. so far, i read it as a .doc document on quickoffice, but its painful. i downloaded the nook app thinking i could sideload a .pdf file, but the nook app doesnt recognize the file. someone suggested overdrive media console, but it doesnt seem to support a format that i can get this word file into. does anyone know of an e-reader for this purpose?

help!

thanks in advance for any advice.:confused:

mrbillmc

Reaction score
rsteabo... I think I have found the solution, at least for now, to our problem!!!

Just got through reading a couple chapters of my own pdf file, that is incidentally also password protected using a really neat app called Mantono Reader.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mantano.reader.android&hl=en

So far it's rock'n! book marks, annotation, for those pesky gramatical erros ;-) you find that need fixing, and some other goodies that I didn't delve into yet.
Not sure how it works on word docs or txt files and the like but i know so far it's the best i've found for reading your private, or personally created PDF books/files.

OP
R

rsteabo

Reaction score
thanks!

mrbillmc,

thanks! mantano has a really nice interface to boot.
i am trying it out, as well as abode reader (i can't believe how lame i am not to have found that earlier)
so far, the mantano interface is nicer, but adobe is faster to load the next page. i have a droid x.
for me, the text reflow view mode is most reader friendly.