bmr7c

Reaction score
New to the forums but just wanted to say I've already learned quite a bit about my droid from reading other posts. I want to utilize my droid the best I can and learn more about it. I really want to pick up the black glass theme for my phone and figure the easiest way would be easyroot app. But from what I understand from their site unstable apps doesn't have it for 2.2 yet. Without that I doubt I will be able to root my phone. I'm new to the whole thing.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. Check out the entire X section in the Forum especially the hacking section. That will guide you.

Mike

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
New to the forums but just wanted to say I've already learned quite a bit about my droid from reading other posts. I want to utilize my droid the best I can and learn more about it. I really want to pick up the black glass theme for my phone and figure the easiest way would be easyroot app. But from what I understand from their site unstable apps doesn't have it for 2.2 yet. Without that I doubt I will be able to root my phone. I'm new to the whole thing.

In the Market there is a new app called z4Root. You can root your X with that with one touch. Works very clean and does a great job. I highly recommend.

Caution: If you do root and you remove any bloatware from your X keep a list of what you remove so you can reinstall it at another time for updates.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

You don't necessarily need to remove the bloatware you could just freeze the apps with Titanium Backup Pro. Then de-frost them at a later time when you want to update. This is easier then removing the app completely.
Titanium Backup Pro is a paid app that costs about $6.
Enjoy your stay with us. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum - anything you need just let us know

OP
B

bmr7c

Reaction score
Rooting

Thanks. Ill check it out. Is it a good as easyroot? I'm totally new to this but very interested. What is bloatware? And I have all apps on my sd card using system panel app. Is that what I want or what you mean?

OP
B

bmr7c

Reaction score
Root

Tried the z4root with no success. Waited about 15 min and had enough. Will try again in a bit. Is it suposed to work on 2.2?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
What, if anything, happened during the 15 minutes?

OP
B

bmr7c

Reaction score
Cancel that. 2nd times a charm I guess. I'm in. Now I guess I'll have to learn about installing the black glass theme. Any pointers or apps I might need?