newbie help

neggie

Reaction score
Hello everyone. just made swich from 2 iphone 3gs to 2 motorola droids. love the phone and service lot better here in chicago than att. N-E ways can anyone just point me to locations this is what i have questions for.

1. any sites out there that keeps updated with currect marketplace apps.
2. looking for a decent case was thinking that siedio innocase anythoughts?
3. what is apk files and how do i download the ones that are free.
4. what is best media play for android.. how is tunewiki? read that here.
5. do i REALLY need to use advance task killer from ReChild?? used it and now that i uninstalled it droid seems to run better with it off

again im new to this scene and im loving this android OS. This is now my choice for phones. thanks community hope to here from you all:)

pierced_droid

Reaction score
Hello everyone. just made swich from 2 iphone 3gs to 2 motorola droids. love the phone and service lot better here in chicago than att. N-E ways can anyone just point me to locations this is what i have questions for.

5. do i REALLY need to use advance task killer from ReChild?? used it and now that i uninstalled it droid seems to run better with it off

again im new to this scene and im loving this android OS. This is now my choice for phones. thanks community hope to here from you all:)

1. Android Market will give you the Top Free, Paid, and featured.
Market updates alot I have yet to find a site that is 100% current. I check the Market daily.
2. Siedio is a nice case. I have the Droid Case from VZW. I like it.
3. An .apk file extension denotes an Android Package (APK) file. This file format, a variant of the JAR format, is used for the distribution and installation of bundled components onto the Android mobile device platform.[1][2]
4. Everybody has there own prefrence. try them all..
5.TaskKillers Well again to each there own. Some people swear to them others will not touch them.

Pssst,. you now own google phone... search search search. :icon_ banana::)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm a former iPhone user. Very glad I made the switch better coverage and better device. I added some thought below in red.

Mike

AndroidZoom.com - Browse the Android Market and download all available applications and games
Android Overdrive - Index page
You can always go the the Market to see what is new.

I don't use a case. Do a search on this forum there have been several threads on this subject.

Pervious post plus here (Droid Things )

I'm rooted (hacked) so I just use the one that came with Bugless Beast.

Again, do a search. Lots of differing opinions. The beauty of this device is if you load one and find your don't need it just uninstall.

OP
N

neggie

Reaction score
hey all thanks for the replys much appreciated. like i said im new to all this diffrent from iphone and all. now i just have to read up on This "ROOTING" thing. Hopefully its easy and i dont brink my new droid :)

OP
N

neggie

Reaction score
Pssst,. you now own google phone... search search search. :icon_ banana::)[/QUOTE]

Nice i love that little comment on the bottom thats great!! GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE thanks again for the help :):icon_ banana:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
hey all thanks for the replys much appreciated. like i said im new to all this diffrent from iphone and all. now i just have to read up on This "ROOTING" thing. Hopefully its easy and i dont brink my new droid :)

At first, it may seem daunting but so many of us have successfully rooted and are available to assist. BTW -- I'm over 60 and was able to handle it so it can't be that bad:)

Mike