Newbie Helix Question

Reaction score
is there a way to move the stock home screens to helix? i want to use helix but do i need to rebuild my current screens in helix?

thanks

Not that I know of. C'Mon, you love changing the setup anyway or you would not have as many posts as you do.

hahaha so true but i got lazy never rooted but now i got 2.1 time to start messing around again. lol

thanks

can i leave my home stock screens and have helix and keep them both in case i just ever want to go back to stock? is that the best way to do it? just dont pick one to launch auto?

tkoehler

Reaction score
1st time poster here....got my 2.1 OTA over the weekend...i am to much of a newbie noob or whatever you call them, just didnt feel safe going the root route....used the Launcher++ before the update and now have switched to Helix...only use 5 of 7, but i like the idea now of having the other 2 for testing stuff...i read it is good to minimize all the apps on the stock home,as in less stuff running in the background, cause it frees up memory and soforth....if i take the Helix off, then ill have to put all the apps back...anyways...thats my 2cents for my 1st post....i really enjoy the site and all the info all of you provide for us noobs...lol

OP
gatecitycanes

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
I got my 2.1 today too and Helix is much more stable. I had to switch back to the stock home screen last night but now it's much better.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
can i leave my home stock screens and have helix and keep them both in case i just ever want to go back to stock? is that the best way to do it? just dont pick one to launch auto?

Download "Home Switcher" from the Market. It's a very simple way to maintain multiple launchers and is especially useful when you're doing comparative evaluations. Allows you to choose a default launcher directly from the app and change to another or simply launch another without changing the default.

Reaction score

Download "Home Switcher" from the Market. It's a very simple way to maintain multiple launchers and is especially useful when you're doing comparative evaluations. Allows you to choose a default launcher directly from the app and change to another or simply launch another without changing the default.

THANK YOU! I havent really kept up with diff launchers.

Does Helix or home switcher produce lag? thats not an issue anymore with different home apps?

thanks

Blaster

Reaction score
@go gators... what is the app you have to make the top bar black... a little off topic but i want to know... just got helix and want mine to look something like yours.

GoGators

Reaction score
@go gators... what is the app you have to make the top bar black... a little off topic but i want to know... just got helix and want mine to look something like yours.

Smoked glass theme by Pete with bugless beast 0.9 rom.

Last edited:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
download "Home Switcher" from the market

+1 on this recommendation. If you are experimenting with different launchers it is extremely convenient to have "home switcher" sitting on the home screen of each launcher until you decide which you want to use over the long haul. And if you decide that one launcher is better than another in some circumstances but not others, it makes it easy to move back and forth.