Newbe needs music help

winegen

Reaction score
I just switched from droid X to the Razr Maxx and it came with an app called my music. First the music store is not available, why not. next I had backed up my contacts and music using media backup. It downloaded all my contacts ok but no music. Then one song showed up in My library and have no idea how it got there without the rest of the music. I also bought and downloaded a song from VCast but no idea where it went. Really need some help here.

Squeak87

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! Have you tried looking in your file manager? Your music may be in a folder that does not show up in the media player, and it just needs moved.

<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius}-->

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the music may be on your droid x memory card you could just switch memory cards. sorry i cant be much help never used the vcast stuff .

welcome to the forums. i am sure someone will be able to answer you

OP
W

winegen

Reaction score
Do you know why I can't buy music from the music store?

OP
W

winegen

Reaction score
I have a data connection and tried it with the wifi off and on but still says it's not available.

OP
W

winegen

Reaction score
I know this may sound stupid but how do I find my file manager on this maxx.

SallyC

Reaction score
I have a data connection and tried it with the wifi off and on but still says it's not available.

Just a few things to try/check...I have no idea if this is all necessary, I'm just guessing and these are things I'd try unless someone else has a solution.
  • Menu>Settings>Data Usage Make sure Set mobile data limit is not checked
  • Menu>Settings>More...(under Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks Make sure Data Enabled is checked.
  • Menu>Settings>Apps>All Go to My Music and clear cache
  • Menu>Settings>Security Make sure Unknown sources is checked

OP
W

winegen

Reaction score
Thanks. I found and moved my missing download. Is there a way to move some of my Itunes over to my phone?

SallyC

Reaction score
Thanks. I found and moved my missing download. Is there a way to move some of my Itunes over to my phone?
There's a number of ways to do it. You can connect your phone to your computer and from the pull down notification select USB Connection and USB Mass Storage. You can then see your phone as an external device and drag and drop files to it.

Here's a Motorola guide with more detailed info and options if you want.

pchypie

Reaction score
Downloading music to Razr

Hi Sally-
You are of great help. Thanks. I followed you checklist and got to My Music and could not find?
It is on my home screen however. I have downloaded some music to My Moto (do not remember how)
But it limited the amount I could put in my music. I have more. Help!
Thanks Deb

SallyC

Reaction score
Hi Sally-
You are of great help. Thanks. I followed you checklist and got to My Music and could not find?
It is on my home screen however. I have downloaded some music to My Moto (do not remember how)
But it limited the amount I could put in my music. I have more. Help!
Thanks Deb

Are you saying when you try to go to Menu>Settings>Apps>All Go to My Music and clear cache that My Music isn't there? Are you sure you have clicked on the All tab at the top? You may have to scroll to get to it.

Alternatively, press your App drawer icon and go to My Music. Drag it up to the top of the screen to More Options, then select App info from the box that appears. You can select Clear Cache from there too.

If you want more help with using MotoCast, this Guided help link will walk you through various options and ways to use it or use Drag & Drop to transfer files.

pchypie

Reaction score
Newbie music help

Thanks Sally-
I will be out of town for a while so will concentrate on this when I get back.
I see I have a lot of homework to do:biggrin:
Thank you