Issue with Windows Media Player Sync

Gremlin4ever

Reaction score
Hello,
New to the forums as I am looking for answers to a problem I have encountered. Any help would be much appreciated and I give Thanx in Advance.

To start, I own a Razr Maxx as you might have figured out. I also own a very extensive CD collection in which I have downloaded my favorite songs onto my PC. I then synced all my devices (Nano 5gen, touch, razr maxx) with those songs.

Now to my issues. All this music I have synced has gone into "My Music" which is the app that came with the phone, except one album. I can go to "My Files" and find it, and play it, however I can't seem to figure out why I cannot move it over to "My Music". Would love to add the songs into my playlist or at least have them come up when I shuffle my entire library.

In addition, I have deleted this album and re-synced a few times to no avail. Any ideas out there?

OP
G

Gremlin4ever

Reaction score
Found the problem :D

It seems the androids don't like periods/decibel points LOL.
.38 Special, had to drop the "." in front of the 38.
...And Justice for All, had to also lose the "..." as well.

Sounds crazy I know however it worked after finding the files on my phone and moving the songs out of the respective Album files and into open space so to speak next to the album files. Once I discovered this, I created new album files with out the decibels and moved the songs into those so I could get album art.

YAY!!!!!!! :D

OP
G

Gremlin4ever

Reaction score
My guess would be maybe there is a limit to how many you can sync?

Thanx for the reply :wink-b:

Got 32g so I knew I had way more room than I was using. The sync was telling me it was there, just couldn't see it till I searched my files. That's when I started playing around with moving this and that because they were not in the same place as the rest of the music I synced. A little while and some thought got me to notice the decibels were the parts that just looked different than all the rest, and BAM! The light switch came on in my head! LOL