New2u's Posting Of Applications

TommyMac501

Reaction score
Mobile banking

When i search mobile banking in the market place it cant find it. I want the non bank of america one. Any ideas?

Check out the "Assistant Free" app, there are both free and paid versions,. It's great and does all your financial in one place.

TM

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
One application that I've recently fallen in love with is Contact Owner. It's free and allows you to put your contact information on the home screen (even if it's password protected) in case you lose your Droid. You can also add text before or after the contact info, so I've added a couple of ICE numbers... which eliminates the need for downloading the ICE application.

It's a great little application!

I haven't seen that one, before. Very good. Thanks for posting. :)

Francoise

Reaction score
Banking

If you find app for banking besides B of A ,please let me know, Thanks your druit.

ziggynagy

Reaction score
Locale no longer free beta

Great thread. Just to update: Locale is no longer available as free beta on the market and it costs $9.99

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Ok, so I just realized this site is for Verizon and Motorola Droids. I think that may be what is making the difference for my phone. I have a HTC Hero through Cellular South, and when I press save it doesn't show up in my albums. Any idea for that?

Here is a source for HTC hero info: Click Here

ASN-121

Reaction score
I use a WiFi program called Y5 Battery Saver. It automatically connects to WiFi networks whenever you're in range (you have to manually connect once, then it remembers your settings). When out of range, it turns off your WiFi, which I always forget to do. Best part is it's free.

craigcap

Reaction score
Sorry if I overlooked, but don't see SWYPE. pretty cool for input/keyboard - txt-ing and emailing keyboard.

rogerl

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am the creator of not call log, and i am in the need of some assistance in getting to the GoogleIO conference this year! It is $400 plus airfare/hotel! I have created a little donation app that allows you do donate to my cause through paypal! plus you get a dorky version of snake, some music by my friends in Boomzzilla, and you will get a free version of my new app RingRandom (reg .99) as soon as i release it, in the coming weeks.
Please show your support for my app, and donate!
Thanks again for all of the support!
-Roger L

googleiocode.png

Guchi

Reaction score
I need the app that lets you download "unsuppoted files" to my sd card. I know i found it once before but i cant remember the name of it or where i found it. any ideas???

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I need the app that lets you download "unsuppoted files" to my sd card. I know i found it once before but i cant remember the name of it or where i found it. any ideas???

Are you sure it's an app that your looking for? I know there is a button that you need to check before you can install "unknown sources" which is under settings applications

Guchi

Reaction score

Are you sure it's an app that your looking for? I know there is a button that you need to check before you can install "unknown sources" which is under settings applications

Ya because I'm not trying to install out of market Apps I'm wanting to just download some .exe files

Guchi

Reaction score

Ya because I'm not trying to install out of market Apps I'm wanting to just download some .exe files

figgured it out its an option in Astro to "allow browser downloads"

J R

Reaction score
Bring on the apps

I like the items mentioned in this thread.

Sportstap is my favorite sports app. All the scores of all the games. Has a widget but you can just set up the alerts so your phone will buzz you when your teams are playing.

The Weather Channel is my favorite weather app and if you will hit menu you can get a video and the radar map. Seems to me it beats out Radar Now and the Weatherbug ( free version). Also has a widget!

News...AP Mobile and USA Today were automatic "gets " for me but the EXPRESS NEWS app that came out in December is a good one which has a reader and formatted especially for mobile phone viewing. WHERE is a location based app that besides giving you the lowest gas prices , has local news ( mine has articles from my local newspaper).

Radio...IHEARTRadio ( clear channel offering) came out in december giving you access to some local and out of market radio stations and my internet radio choice was DROIDLIVE lite( free) which hooked me up with the best heavy metal radio around.

TV...Kind of disappointing.. to me nothing matches VCAST video ( but its not free and not available anyway). TV.Com is worth downloading. 1CAST news will give you video clips on TV news stories ( free). SPB TV ( I paid the $5 for unlimited access) has some stuff but weak so far but may improve. ORB is not for me and JetflicksTV didnt have what I wanted and isnt free either. I cant view Fancast on my Eris.

Widgets: Besides news widgets... The moon phase widget is cool and Im a guy so I have the "Babe of the Day" widget.

Did u know( fun apps) ?

There is an app for "the money you could be saving" which is the geico thing with the money staring at you and plays the song too.

You can go to mikandi.com and download their third party app for explicit material which google allows and the others dont. Recommend SEXY VIEWER.