New2u's Posting Of Applications

rkeller62

Reaction score
Try MediaFly for Podcasts

[Do you guys know of a good podcast app?

Currently, I download my podcasts using iTunes. I normally use WinAmp for audio playing, but iTunes for podcasts... and I sync the iPod to iTunes.

What I want to do is download podcasts to my Droid, copy my music (which is in MP3 format, not Apple's format) -- and play all of them on the Droid.

I downloaded Listen from the Market last night. Once I test it out, I'll let you know if it meets my needs. Listen is a podcast app that just might fill the bill.

Listen didn't work for my needs at all. You can search many podcasts, but the results were almost always a single podcast, not a link to the source podcast. Furthermore, NONE of the searches I conducted yielded the results I wanted (IE: Search: Chuck Swindoll Result: Nothing of value). Oh well, I'm still looking for a podcast app, so I can retire my iPod and keep just the Droid with me -- for phone, camera, music and web access.

Have you tried MediaFly?? It has a free version for audio only podcasts and a paid version that supports audio and video podcasts. Not sure if it will meet your needs, but worth a look. It was an ADC2 entrant and top 200.

venmishumishu

Reaction score
need suggestions on good applications...

so i have a droid:motdroidhoriz: and downloaded a few apps but not too many, just the necessary:) for now like aim, myspace, youtube, advance task killer and pandora radio.
i was wondering which apps would you guys recommend that work pretty good, I don't really wanna browse through all of them, i tried browsing for a little bit then i noticed the freaking app browsing seem never ending so i rather just look it up.
i would appreciate any suggestions. i would love to maybe find one that would help manage/organize things like anything froms apps to to-do lists. but any cool/helpful apps would be awesome.

oh yea i also got the super mario sounds...thats necessary too :)

i just activated my phone yesterday its extremely easy to use compare to what i been hearing. i have not had any frustrations with it yet, i did read earlier somewhere in this website a guy saying that is difficult to find contacts but i don't know how thats possible when you can just search them. any way also if you have any recommendations of anything else you can do with the droid please suggest :)

oh and one more thing, you know that iphone commercial with the actor saying you need two phones with verizon to browse the web and talk well hes an idiot, since we have wifi you could do the same if you get on a wireless internet connection but to tell you the truth why would u be on the phone and browse the internet? and besides other than when ur driving u'll find wifi connections everywhere heck even mcdonalds.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Handcent if you text
google goggles - very cool app
updated google maps
google voice app if you have google voice or intend to get it (invite only)

venmishumishu

Reaction score
Handcent if you text
google goggles - very cool app
updated google maps
google voice app if you have google voice or intend to get it (invite only)
handcent? i guess i'll look it up cuz i text A LOT what does it do? i'll check it out...thanks :)

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Merged

Threads mergerd. Have a great day

venmishumishu

Reaction score

venmishumishu

Reaction score
its funny i recommended it to my sis cuz she has the moment and she got it too then she told me she set up the bubble colors to pink for her replies and green for mine...i couldnt believe thats the exact same color i set up mine too...weird

manthareed

Reaction score
Best Background/Wallpaper app Ive found. You can save favorites and download them or set them ass your wallpaper from the app. better than the Androlib wallpaper app IMO. This one makes all of the wallpapers look very good and formats them correctly to the right size.

Backgrounds v1.9.9 Application for Android | Entertainment
I love this app as well, but I am having a problem with it and wondered if you might know what's going on. Is there a way to save the backgrounds to my phone or SD Card without having to go back to the app and find it every time? I thought if I pressed "Save" it would work, but I can't find it after I do that.

Scottslot

Reaction score
Ya, when you save them, they go to your gallery. But if you save them and then try to apply them as your wallpaper, the clarity is shot. Or at least on mine, the picture was very blurry. When you set as wallpaper directly from Backgrounds, it is much clearer.

But as far as where the pics are, they should be saved in your default Gallery.

DroidFan

Reaction score
One application that I've recently fallen in love with is Contact Owner. It's free and allows you to put your contact information on the home screen (even if it's password protected) in case you lose your Droid. You can also add text before or after the contact info, so I've added a couple of ICE numbers... which eliminates the need for downloading the ICE application.

It's a great little application!

manthareed

Reaction score
Ok, so I just realized this site is for Verizon and Motorola Droids. I think that may be what is making the difference for my phone. I have a HTC Hero through Cellular South, and when I press save it doesn't show up in my albums. Any idea for that?

myko14

Reaction score
Wiggle vs. Locale

I love Locale but I am not able to use it b/c I am inside where GPS is unreliable so I would revert to default at work. I have been using it with time as the variable but this also sucks for me b/c my work hours vary a lot.

I have recently started using WiFi detection as a prompt to change profiles after finding an app called Wiggle. I then went into Locale to disable it so the two wouldn't interfere and found that it too will train for WiFi signal detection as a prompt to change profiles.

Locale says this feature is still in beta. Wiggle only claims to work with donut (but I am running it with eclair on my Droid).

Has anybody already done this experiment? If so, which is better in terms of reliability and battery usage?

calittlebailey

Reaction score
It is possible for an application to be created to use with facebook for their games. i.e. farmville, cafeworld, etc.

cgunn82

Reaction score
What happened to Calorie Counter its no longer in the marketplace?