New Update

d2gwbbb

Reaction score
hmm...after resetting...some apps are missing...like amazon and blockbuster? i guess it didnt restore everything...which is y my update is still failing?

tebower

Reaction score
Are those apps that you uninstalled with Titanium (or other method) before the reset?

You could always take it to a store and tell them that your update keeps failing. Use z4 to unroot, and take it in. Maybe they will just flash it there in the store for you.

leobg

Reaction score
Factory reset will not bring back the factory applications you uninstalled with Ti backup. You need to restore the missing files in /system partition (the ones you deleted). If you have not done backup, you can download D2G system dump and extract the missing stuff from there, then put it back where it used to be. Don't forget to adjust permissions of the restored files too.

leobg

Reaction score
Are those apps that you uninstalled with Titanium (or other method) before the reset?

You could always take it to a store and tell them that your update keeps failing. Use z4 to unroot, and take it in. Maybe they will just flash it there in the store for you.

It won't be very difficult to see that phone has been messed up with. Especially if phone works and there are factory apps missing. VZ will be glad to void your warranty I guess. I wouldn't try this.

d2gwbbb

Reaction score
Do you have a link to the thread where it will show me the way? I download the dump file but its compressed.

leobg

Reaction score
Do you have a link to the thread where it will show me the way? I download the dump file but its compressed.

Open it with winrar. It will show you only a single file. Highlight the file and click view button on winrar's window. It will open another winrar window where you will see the directory structure and all. Extract from there on your hard drive. Look what you need and upload to the phone.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Birdra

Reaction score
I was so excited to finally get the update after days of trying that I installed it before unfreezing the motoblur apps. The update was applied successfully and the blur apps are still frozen. Phone appears to be OK. I'll reboot it when I get home to see what happens.

Birdra

Reaction score
I don't have clockwork installed.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

d2gwbbb

Reaction score
I was able to finally Update my D2G thanks to all you who offered me help and suggestions.

Everything i did came from reading this baord and all credits go to you all.

Here is what I did. I got a D2G dump from this board and compare it's entire list to my phone /system/app folder and moved all thats missing. Had to do it twice because the first time, i missed Genie*.apk

Its a long list of files and trust me, i went thru it all one by one TWICE and finally got all the nexesary files replaced by moving the necessary files into my phone.

The only trouble i ran into was installing Yahoo contacts but it didnt matter, my phone updated.

THANKS AGAIN!

GhostlySnow

Reaction score
Was able to finally update after fixing the apps i removed with titanium backup. I didn't realize that it also removed the apk from the system folder. Thank you for the info here!

patfactorx

Reaction score
I installed all the missing apps. It still doesn't work...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

leobg

Reaction score
Check again. Make sure if you removed apps that are odex-ed you restore the odex file too. Even a single file missing will render update failing. Go thru the system dump available here and make sure your /system/app is exactly the same.

d2gwbbb

Reaction score
Yes check again....i think the best way for one to do is copy the entire /system/app/ into a sd card folder and then use your computer to pull up that folder so that u can compare it to a dump list....