New Update

R

robbyp30

How long does it take for everyone to get the update...I haven't received it yet. Been checking for a couple days now.

dvsgod

Reaction score
Well the question was answered. I knew the droid 2 was but wasn't sure about the global. and your welcome, offer is still open file is large (25.7mb) so I cant upload here as an attachment, so I have uploaded to my dropbox. View the "update 2.3.340.verizon.en.us" http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17160644/Blur_Version.2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip Make sure it is placed in the cache folder of the phones main, and all apps are unfrozen, build.prop is back to stock. It does stop root, however with z4 root 1.3 just hit permanent root and no problems.

Last edited:

bmtbandit

Reaction score
Well the question was answered. I knew the droid 2 was but wasn't sure about the global. and your welcome, offer is still open file is large (25.7mb) so I cant upload here as an attachment, so I have uploaded to my dropbox. View the "update 2.3.340.verizon.en.us" http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17160644/Blur_Version.2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip Make sure it is placed in the cache folder of the phones main, and all apps are unfrozen, build.prop is back to stock. It does stop root, however with z4 root 1.3 just hit permanent root and no problems.

Be careful trying this. I am not thinking this will work, and with no SBF you will be potentially bricked until a SBF is leaked.

dvsgod

Reaction score

Be careful trying this. I am not thinking this will work, and with no SBF you will be potentially bricked until a SBF is leaked.

agreed. droid owners should know their phones, I know my x. as i said if it works for you there it is. tis the season of giving after all

zero7404

Reaction score

the verizon article says it's update 2.4.330..., so what version/phone platform is this you've posted ?

i don't think it's a good idea to post an update file for the DX in a D2G subforum thread

Last edited:

cgull

Reaction score
This update just pushed so I installed it. Not sure what's in it but it installed fine... have to reroot.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Uxorious

Reaction score
D2G Dec 2010 update

Update just got pushed to my D2G.
Find it here.
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Blur_Version.2.4.29.A956.Verizon.en.US.zip
(I guess the name of the file is the currently installed one. The date of the file was today, and the contents mention 2.4.330)

I had root when I updated, and the update succeeded ... however I lost root after the update.
z4root re-established root.

Versions after update are:
System version: 2.4.330.A956.Verizon.en.US (new)
Android version: 2.2
Baseband version: N_01.48.05R (new)
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g9e2c63d (new)
PRL version: 52169

Last edited:

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Agreed, just got the update, z4 reestablished root.

Ill know more how it works in a few days.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

cgull

Reaction score
Anyone know if this fixes corporate email sync?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

tebower

Reaction score
My z4 is not re-rooting successfully. Is there a newer version I need?

NEVERMIND: after 3 tries, it finally took. I love when the phone fails to restart, and goes into Clockworkmod recovery. It kind of freaks me out though.

Last edited:

zero7404

Reaction score
i got mine this morning. was going to share on here but someone else beat me to it :)

i had some apps frozen but thought to unfreeze first, unroot second, then apply the update.

so far im running fine

as for z4 not rerooting, remove and reinstall z4root that might correct.

sent via wireless device