New update rolling out to testers.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not sure what it is but got an email to participate in testing new software.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Yep, I got that to. I'm not going to participate this time around because I don't want to lose my root access! My Maxx is performing just fine, thank you very much

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I bet a lot of people will be gun shy because of what happened last time. But ya never know.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Everything went right for me last time, but I've been around long enough to know better. But I'm afraid you're right, this will be worse than last time. My Razr Maxx was perhaps the last good phone for ROM flashing. If only they would incorporate an adequate backup in the factory recovery, THEN I might consider it.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've been testing for Motorola for.. Well.. Since the Droid x.. And this last test for the Maxx was just... Well... Terrible.

I'm behind times again.. Life.. Ya know.. But I didn't even think you could root the Maxx on kit Kat. So.. You're ahead of me lol

Did you even get the final email from the last invite? I never did... So I assumed they knew it was a bad update and were fixing it and sent it out....

Or perhaps something screwed up and that's why I haven't received the invite.. Either way.. I hope they don't break anything else.. Lol

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Now it's quiet.. Hmmm. I wonder if it got pushed yet.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've been testing for Motorola for.. Well.. Since the Droid x.. And this last test for the Maxx was just... Well... Terrible.

I'm behind times again.. Life.. Ya know.. But I didn't even think you could root the Maxx on kit Kat. So.. You're ahead of me lol

Did you even get the final email from the last invite? I never did... So I assumed they knew it was a bad update and were fixing it and sent it out....

Or perhaps something screwed up and that's why I haven't received the invite.. Either way.. I hope they don't break anything else.. Lol
You can't root 4.4, they either did it before and kept it with the OTA or unlocked bootloader.

doogald

Reaction score
Usually with soak tests they send out an email inviting you to sign up to participate and then you get an email several days later telling you that the update is coming, so I assume that we'll start hearing about what the update actually is by Friday, maybe, or early next week, if the past is any predictor. Usually somebody leaks what the test is - when the software rolls out, we'll know it within an hour or two.

I assume that they are using a small number of people for the soak this time, since a lot of people who did soak tests before say that they didn't get an email. After the bricking the last time, that sounds like a pretty smart plan to me.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Usually with soak tests they send out an email inviting you to sign up to participate and then you get an email several days later telling you that the update is coming, so I assume that we'll start hearing about what the update actually is by Friday, maybe, or early next week, if the past is any predictor. Usually somebody leaks what the test is - when the software rolls out, we'll know it within an hour or two.

I assume that they are using a small number of people for the soak this time, since a lot of people who did soak tests before say that they didn't get an email. After the bricking the last time, that sounds like a pretty smart plan to me.

I'd agree with the small numbers. But several soaks have been very quick prior to last time.. I got the email and within a day or two I received the update.

Like I said before.. I think the last soak has made people worry. It made me worry lol

doogald

Reaction score
Yeah, I just looked it up. The last soak test for the Maxx was 3 days after the initial email. The first one was 5 days after. The initial email for this one was reportedly yesterday.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Any news about bean club? Lol

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And it's gone quiet.. I'm not sure which is the side I prefer more... Being in the soak and keeping my mouth shut...

Or being on the outside looking in and wondering what's going on.. Lol

Probably being in the know.. But not this time..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Could be.