New update pushing out to Rezound on West Coast as of 8/12/2012

OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score
Because all version numbers of all software components are exactly the same between the OTA and RUU of 3.14.605.12 ICS, it is generally believed that if you are on the RUU you will get future OTA updates when they are available... and it has been determined that at this time this particular OTA is not generally available, it appears it was just a beta/soak test. (Kinda hoping if I keep saying that, the powers that be will release it just to prove me wrong!) :p

maximum

Reaction score
Because all version numbers of all software components are exactly the same between the OTA and RUU of 3.14.605.12 ICS, it is generally believed that if you are on the RUU you will get future OTA updates when they are available... and it has been determined that at this time this particular OTA is not generally available, it appears it was just a beta/soak test. (Kinda hoping if I keep saying that, the powers that be will release it just to prove me wrong!) :p

I think the key is "generally believed". Most knew this wasn't a pushed OTA just yet but the point would be for a RUU person to actually get the OTA to prove the theory.

HowardZ

Reaction score
I bet there will soon be a leaked regular ruu file for this update.

Several people had difficulty with manually applying the update primarily due to the instructions to pull the firmware.zip out of the update.zip

I think this was unnecessary and caused problems.

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I was able to follow these directions, yet I'm still confused on doing anything else the to the phone (rooting, unlocking) Problem is, I'm now having even more problems than what I was. There was one step that I paused on, if that might have been it. I also haven't done a factory data reset, if that might be causing all of the issues.

HowardZ

Reaction score
While this "update" does not have a new version of the Android operating system and does not have a new version of sense, it changes everything.

New hboot
new kernel
New recovery
new radio

So much was touched in order to let us roam at high prices on gsm networks in over 200 countries.

It still requires developers to make a gsm Rom to put another cell phone company's sim card in and have everything work right.

svdroiddude

Reaction score
So really, unless you are planning on traveling it wont effect us on domestic soil.

While this "update" does not have a new version of the Android operating system and does not have a new version of sense, it changes everything.

New hboot
new kernel
New recovery
new radio

So much was touched in order to let us roam at high prices on gsm networks in over 200 countries.

It still requires developers to make a gsm Rom to put another cell phone company's sim card in and have everything work right.

OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score
So really, unless you are planning on traveling it wont effect us on domestic soil.
This is mostly correct, but a few people who have gotten the update have noted that the 4G/3G signal drop issue and the heat issue with early hardware seems to be resolved.

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Wow, looks like we will get another update soon. Fortunately my .12 OTA seems to be working quite well. Does get a bit hotter than I remember but I don't have dropped data like many have.

HowardZ

Reaction score
Full RUU available on Android Police of 4.3.605.2, here: [Exclusive Download] Full RUU Build 4.03.605.2 For The HTC Rezound

Enjoy!!!

oh man are you going to like this version.

Verizon read all your complaints that gb was better than ics, and older complaints about froyo was even better. So there is a "Froyo compatibility mode" where everything looks like froyo.

And it gets even better, I disconnected my charger and Gsam estimates 20 hours of battery life on my standard battery. it seems Verizon read your complaints and has a radio miser user mode. The radio only goes on once every 15 minutes in order to let you know if there are any voice mails or text messages, then the radio turns off again. All calls go directly to voice mail.

Woohoo.

hihihihi

OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score

Verizon read all your compmaints that gb was better than ics, and older complaints about froyo was even better. So there is a "Froyo compatibility mode" where everything looks like froyo.

And it gets even better, I disconnected my charger and Gsam estimates 20 hours of battery life on my standard battery. it seems Verizon read your complaints and has a radio miser user mode. The radio only goes on once every 15 minutes in order to let you know if there are any voice mails or text messages, then the radio turns off again. All calls go directly to voice mail.

Woohoo.

hihihihi
THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Wait...

What?!?!

Ahhh... you said a funny! Good one! :rofl2:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Verizon read all your complaints that gb was better than ics, and older complaints about froyo was even better. So there is a "Froyo compatibility mode" where everything looks like froyo.

Woohoo.

hihihihi

Verizon added Juice Defender to the firmware? :D

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

HowardZ

Reaction score
that was a joke post.

but seriously, I went overnight without charging, using standard battery, and was around 84% when I woke up.

2012-08-16_06-23-42.png2012-08-16_06-24-04.png

So I think this means one can go all day on the standard battery if one just keeps the phone in a pocket and pretends it is just an old dumb flip phone. Btw, I only get one to three bars of signal here at home.

It appears that screen on-time is what really drains the battery.

OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score
that was a joke post.

but seriously, I went overnight without charging, using standard battery, and was around 84% when I woke up.

So I think this means one can go all day on the standard battery if one just keeps the phone in a pocket and pretends it is just an old dumb flip phone. Btw, I only get one to three bars of signal here at home.

It appears that screen on-time is what really drains the battery.
I am liking this so far, add to that the fact that the Verizon fired up 4G in my area overnight last night, it is like Christmas in August!!!

But yeah, screen is the huge battery killer... I am questioning some of GSAM's results off and on though, they are often WAY different then the embedded Power app, so far off I have to wonder which is correct, one day Power said Chrome used 40% of my battery (think I left a page open that used location), but GSAM said it only used like 8.9% (12% of 74% used by apps) of all the applications, I have noticed several other inconsistencies that make me questions which one is correct.