New update pushing out to Rezound on West Coast as of 8/12/2012

acejavelin

Reaction score
Original thread on XDA... so far determined to be real, what's new/changed is unknown so far but it is assumed to be bug fixes from OTA release.

Original thread has the Update.Zip attached for those wishing to dig into it further.

OTA Bugfix.jpg

HowardZ

Reaction score
my hunch is that it is a hoax because the various screen shots are conflicting.

OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score
If you read the whole thread XDA, it would explain why there are conflicting numbers in the screen shots... this was captured in the cache on a custom/rooted ROM and copied off the phone by a senior member and respected developer on XDA, most developers who have looked at it over there seem to think it's legit, but of course, only time will tell. I did wait a few hours until several of the well-known developers on XDA gave it a look over and the general consensus was it was real before I pulled the trigger and posted it on a few forums.

HowardZ

Reaction score
The screen shot before the update says it will install 3.14.605.12 and this is our official ics. So this does not sound like it is anything new, otherwise HTC/verizon would increase the version number.

Then the picture after the update is installed shows the version is 3.14.605.1 which makes no sense. Version numbers can not go backwards for stock phones. Thus I believe it is someone playing a joke.

OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score
Where do you see that? I see the version after the update as being 4.03.605.1

But like I said, time will tell, it is too early to know for sure... We need to wait a day or two and see what happens before passing judgment.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When my Tab got 3.1 TW a bug fix update came before the first one was finished pushing, literally less than a week. Samsung halted TW for a few weeks while finishing the follow up to those of us that got it and to combine the bug fixes into the update for those that didn't get it. Same thing happened with 3.2.
I write that to say with Android fragment and hanging users out in the wind at the mercy of Verizon and HTC nothing will surprise me.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I just read through the xda thread, it's explained in there why there's different version numbers. There was so much bickering that I forger the reasoning.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dunno but the one who said it was bogus due to status bar icons , or lack of ,hasn't seen my phone.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score
Dunno but the one who said it was bogus due to status bar icons , or lack of ,hasn't seen my phone.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
LOL... I hear yea!

The OP made it clear in a later post... he was on a custom ROM and got the OTA update, but didn't apply it, just got the notification, screen shot it, let it download, then pulled it out of the cache and rejected the update. It is more and more appearing to be official, there is new Radios, Recovery, Hboot, and Firmware, and jumps in all revision numbers.

Still not showing up on either of my phones though... time for bed, will check back in the morning and see what's happened.

OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score
It's official, signed by HTC... Major software version changes because this is the long awaited "Global" update, giving access to all the radios easily, the rest is still unknown so far.

OTA2.jpg

HowardZ

Reaction score
ok, I see the first number in the version number us 4, so the version number did increase. was my mistake.

I am stock ics, rooted, with nova launcher.
I just need to put back the stock .12 recovery to be able to take this update.

I need to read more about it.

HowardZ

Reaction score
I have downloaded it from one of the Android Police links, and renamed the file to have 4.03.605.1_Update in the file name.
This is not an RUU, apparently it must be applied onto a stock ICS 3.14.605.12 system.
Android Police says to rename the update file as PH98IMG.zip, but the XDA thread says to rename it Update.zip

I am not going to personally install it right now, as I have other pressing things to do.

I have made a torrent, for those who prefer to use uTorrent.

http://db.tt/kkRswsNr

Remember, to check the MD5 checksum against that listed by Android Police:
2c8cb4aca3b48a02c356a116d01403ec

P.S. Need to enable encryption in uTorrent, as I use Forced encryption option.