New Universal Root Method for 'Most' ICS and Jelly Bean Devices

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Universal-android-root.jpeg

UPDATE: We have received several reports from users who tried this that it does not work. If someone figures out a way to get this to work, please post in the thread. In the mean-time, we will call this one a "dud." :(

Here's proof positive that the developers in the Android community are the best in the world. One of the devs over at XDA, Bin4ry, just developed a new universal root method that is specifically for Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean devices. Supposedly, his root method should be compatibile with nearly all devices that can run stock versions of these two versions of Android. Here's a quote from his thread, followed by some downloads and instructions,

i made a small script which is able to root ICS/JB phones. It uses a remount timing issue in Androids "adb restore" service.
So normally it should work on nearly all ICS/JB devices, for some it won't but the idea may work in a slightly modded version

There is a special case for Xperia T and Xperia S,P etc. phones, this phones run ICS but don't have android's native restore with adb, Sony has added a own custom "Backup&Restore" app, the script handles this cases too, just choose the correct option!

Make sure you hit up the source link below for more detailed instructions (and for any updates), but here's a quick summary with a download link below,

Instructions:
  • Download file and extract it from here: Download
  • Double click the RunMe.bat and follow instructions

Let us know what you think in the thread!

Source: XDA

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
All we need now is for them to crack the bootloader on the RAZR/MAXX/HD.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did not work for me on Galaxy S III. I was doing a how to video. I ran through the process and ran root checker and the phone was not rooted. O well.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did not work for me on Galaxy S III. I was doing a how to video. I ran through the process and ran root checker and the phone was not rooted. O well.
Was checking out youtube today; if you get the chance you might want to a do a new vid with that super easy Galaxy S3 root method that came out two or so weeks ago that just uses the bat file.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks for checking on this for us DMX! Great work! OP updated.

Last edited: