New to the "smartphone" world

jham0077

Reaction score
I've had my Droid 912 for almost a month now and found several useful things here but haven't posted yet. I've also learned the phone is only as smart as who's holding it. But I've got a problem.... or two.
I am trying to disable the security pattern that has to be drawn to unlock the phone. It was cool at first, now it's annoying. I can find the option to change it or hide but no luck disabling it. The other is text alert tones, not the preloaded ones. I get everything from PhoneZoo and have no problem assigning ring tones, well, I do too. There are a few of my contacts that will not accept the tone I assign. I hope I don't have too many problems but look forward to browsing here. Thanks.

MasterGadgets

Reaction score
To disable the secruity pattern, go to System settings/Security/screen lock/ slelect none.
Using an app like File Explorer find the ringtones you wish to assign, then copy or move to Internal phone storage/media/audio/ringtones. Now you should be able to see the tones you wish to assign.

OP
J

jham0077

Reaction score
Thanks. Haven't checked here in a few days. Figured out the security pattern. I'll check into the File Explorer.