1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New to the "smartphone" world

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by jham0077, Oct 15, 2012.

1. jham0077

jham0077 New Member

I've had my Droid 912 for almost a month now and found several useful things here but haven't posted yet. I've also learned the phone is only as smart as who's holding it. But I've got a problem.... or two.
    I am trying to disable the security pattern that has to be drawn to unlock the phone. It was cool at first, now it's annoying. I can find the option to change it or hide but no luck disabling it. The other is text alert tones, not the preloaded ones. I get everything from PhoneZoo and have no problem assigning ring tones, well, I do too. There are a few of my contacts that will not accept the tone I assign. I hope I don't have too many problems but look forward to browsing here. Thanks.
  2. MasterGadgets

MasterGadgets New Member

To disable the secruity pattern, go to System settings/Security/screen lock/ slelect none.
    Using an app like File Explorer find the ringtones you wish to assign, then copy or move to Internal phone storage/media/audio/ringtones. Now you should be able to see the tones you wish to assign.
  3. jham0077

jham0077 New Member

Thanks. Haven't checked here in a few days. Figured out the security pattern. I'll check into the File Explorer.