New Forum Member

dilipshinde

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Recently bought an HTC thunderbolt. Looking forward to browse and discuss here to maximise the fun. :icon_ banana:
dilip

PS:
Want custom ring tones. Would like to know how. eg I want a song from youtube to be a ringtone. Please help with step by step process. Will I need another micro SD card?

Last edited:
OP
D

dilipshinde

Reaction score
Thanks Justis and tp76

Want custom ring tones. Would like to know how. eg I want a song from youtube to be a ringtone. Please help with step by step process. Will I need another micro SD card?

Last edited:

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Thanks Justis and tp76

Several apps will allow you to do that. Do you want to cut out a specific part of the song (for like a notification) or just use the whole thing?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
:welcome: to the forum. I use this Free software: video converter, ipod converter, mp4 converter to get stuff from youtube videos. You dont need another sd. There should be instructions on their web site or in the program.

It shouldnt be much different from a TB to a D1, so once you have them edited, make a folder on your sd. One called "notifications", for those, and one called "ringtones", for those. Place them in the folder according to how you want to use them. I dont believe you need to be rooted to do this. But note, this isnt how I've done it. This is from what I've seen suggested on the forum. I'm rooted and use a file explorer to place the in \system\media\audio then either \notifications or \ringtones.

If you run into problems, just google "using ringtones on a droid". Or something like that. Or just ask for help here, or start a new thread here: Hacking Help - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Please help with step by step process. Will I need another micro SD card?

The TB has the largest one available....32gb.
I highly doubt you'll need another.

OP
D

dilipshinde

Reaction score
Thanks Justis, CJM and BlacknBlack.
I have downloaded the software. I will try your suggestions in a few days.
It took me a while to figure out TB is Thunderbolt and D1 is Droid1.

I think this forum will give me lot of info to deal with issues I would have struggled with. I'm going to stay off "Rooting" for a while.
Thanks again.
Dilip

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
It took me a while to figure out TB is Thunderbolt and D1 is Droid1.

Sorry bout that. I was posting in the new members section, wasn't I. Let us know if you have any questions about making those ringtones.

Sent by the Unbrickable DROID

OP
D

dilipshinde

Reaction score
Thanks CJM. Please dont apologize as you are helping me.
I am not very "HI-TECH" and will take probably forever to learn all this and also do stuff.
I guess I need "Notification" rather than the entire song as a ring tone. I'll work on it this weekend.
Thanks again.
Dilip:)

OP
D

dilipshinde

Reaction score
Increasing Droid Thunderbolt battery life

Hi Guys,
First of all delayed thanks to CJM, BlacknBlack and Justis.
I now know how to make ringtones and use them.
I am getting familiar with "TB'. I have dowmloaded lot of free apps which have resulted in decreased battery life. I have a few "App Killers" but no matter how many I 'kill", same and other apps again pop up in a matter of seconds. Is there some way to control this? I know I made a mistake in allowing several apps to have "notifications". Even in "setting" disabling notifications etc does not help.
HELP

Dilip :mad:

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
First of all delayed thanks to CJM, BlacknBlack and Justis.
I now know how to make ringtones and use them.
I am getting familiar with "TB'. I have dowmloaded lot of free apps which have resulted in decreased battery life. I have a few "App Killers" but no matter how many I 'kill", same and other apps again pop up in a matter of seconds. Is there some way to control this? I know I made a mistake in allowing several apps to have "notifications". Even in "setting" disabling notifications etc does not help.
HELP

Dilip :mad:

My recommendation would be to get rid of your task killers. For a detailed explanation of why check the link in my sig, otherwise I'll write you up a short and sweet one tomorrow (its 4 A.M. here and I'm a little tired lol)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums