new to Note 2

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note 2' started by MysticalDreams, Mar 3, 2013.

1. MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams Member

IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi everyone...

after months of dealing with one bad razr maxx after the other and then a maxx hd that didn't work VZW is finally sending me the Note 2. I have been reading a lot about it but I can never get too many tips and tricks from forum goers. Let's face it we normally have more info or access to more than tech support!!

What launcher are you using stock or other and why

Any out of the box tips or tricks you want to share

Any apps you like better on the Note 2 vs other devices

Any case you can recommend and where you got it

do you use a screen protector and do you think it needs it (i tend to peel things off - not sure this will be a good option for me but if it will help the glass... coming from gorilla glass i am a tad spoiled.)

anything else you care to add - rooting or not - ;ros cons whatever I would love to hear it

Thanks all :)

2. Jumper2501

Jumper2501 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the GN2. I used Nova for about a month, and I'm curently running Apex. I wanted to be able to customize. For example, I have seven buttons in my dock, among other things.

Check out the "Help" sub-forum. Either browse or search for something specific. There's also an extremely helpful YouTube channel for all the tips & tricks you could ever want. Do a YouTube search for lucidmike78.

Well, with the size of the screen, almost everything! And, of course, there are the S-pen apps. I'm sure someone can chime in with all the great uses they've found so far for it. I admit I haven't used it much, except for taking notes. It's fantastic for jotting something down really quick.

I recommend a search for cases and view all the different threads. I've got the flip case that I bought at the Verizon store, and the Otterbox Defender. I ordered the Defender from Amazon. The Defender came with an integrated screen protector, but I removed it.

I recently rooted my phone. I wanted to be able to run some apps which are only available with root.

I hope this helps.

3. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +499
    Current Phone Model:
    Xperia Z3v
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    Congrats on the Note 2!

I use Apex as I like the additional customization over stock TW...stock is awesome on this device and custom ROMs make it a tad better :)...

We also have a sister site dedicated to the Note 2 - Galaxy Note2 Forum - Active Topics ...

4. bkdodger

bkdodger DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +910
    Congrats and welcome to the Note 2..i truly can't stop pumping up this phone.. It's solid for sure.. Nova is my launcher of choice.. Definitely check out our sister site as well.. Lucidmike has great videos on Note 2.. YouTube..

⚡Take Note2 BK's here.. ⚡

5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Congratulations on your new purchase!! I think you will really enjoy this phone. Here is a link to a guy that does videos on the Gnote2. I've watched all of them at least once and most more than once. I think they are great: *Daily* Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Tips & Tricks - YouTube

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams Member

IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
    Ratings:
    +24
    Thanks for the replies.

Can't wait for the phone to arrive.It should be here Thursday. seems like such a long wait lol

I have been watching the videos and making notes to which ones I may need to rewatch or the apps used. So much info... love it. Right now I have nothing to do so the videos are keeping me occupied.

the more info the better

Thanks!! :happy3:

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page

note 2 tricks