Current Thunderbolt User Looking at Note 2

Reaction score
I've read all the reviews and read the posts on here and the Note 2 looks like the next big thing. What I wanted to know is if physically it has the same antenna as the galaxy 3 and if it holds up in the real world. I have friends with the galaxy s3 that love the phone but they seem to drop calls a lot more then they would like. I am in the Boston Area, and maybe this is area related. I love the features of the galaxy I just want a phone that will work when I need it. I kept going back to the droid razr maxx HD, as I also know a few others who like the battery life and not losing the signal. If the Note 2 works great and and what ever error in the antenna is fixed then I would love to pick one up. I have the HTC thunderbolt with the brick battery on the back so the weight of the Note 2 will not be a problem. It seems like the galaxy and the Note 2 are loaded with features but in the end it has to work as a phone for me as well.

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
I just got it today, and I'm just north of Boston. I've made about 5 calls sound & clarity is great. I upgraded from tbe Thunderbolt & even as big as this beauty is, it's still lighter than the TB....

duff70

Reaction score
i totally agree. need good antennae signal. hopefully people will chime in. i am with verizon

OP
B
Reaction score
:)

Sweet so good so far. I heard it was pretty much a bigger galaxy s3? If the antenna issues are fixed I'll pick one up.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
I am coming from a Rezound and previously a thunderbolt. I have to say , so far, my call quality is much better on the note and my lte speeds have almost doubled!! No joke here is a picture. With Rezound I would hit about 9 Mb up consistently and 5 Mb up. For what it is worth

ForumRunner_20121129_195645.png

OP
B
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the weight of the thunderbolt is with the extended battery? I was at the vzw store today and my thunderbolt seemed heavier then the Note but just curious if anyone know the exact weight of each device.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Blackcharger06 said:
Does anyone know what the weight of the thunderbolt is with the extended battery? I was at the vzw store today and my thunderbolt seemed heavier then the Note but just curious if anyone know the exact weight of each device.

Want to say approx 240 grams or approx 8.5 ounces

jseah

Reaction score
I am coming from a Rezound and previously a thunderbolt. I have to say , so far, my call quality is much better on the note and my lte speeds have almost doubled!! No joke here is a picture. With Rezound I would hit about 9 Mb up consistently and 5 Mb up. For what it is worth

View attachment 58688

I have the same experience as well....and also coming from a Thunderbolt, to a Rezound, and now to the Note II. I've noticed no difference in signal, my 4G speeds have also increased, and the sound quality on calls is much better.