New to Milestone with Android 2.1, need help.

iac

Reaction score
Hi,

I need your help, I am iphone user and using now Motorola Milestone with Android 2.1.

Some question I have, if someone help me... really appreciate.

1) Any computer apps to get backup, add some music, ring tones, wallpapers, etc...?

2) Language support, I am in Middle East, its only in english, its ok, but some message comes in Arabic language or any other language that I can not see, how can I fix this..?

3) Can I make folder of applications which I installed...?

4) Can I transfer iPhone contact in Milestone...?

5) At its box, stone wallpaper shown but its not in Milestone wallpapers.... where it is...?

6) Some time, when I am taking picture, asking "Please insert sd card..... " its already there, how can I fix this also..?

7) Rooting Motorola Milestone, Does it effect its Android OS 2.1...? and is it update able to Android 2.2...?

8) How many messages SMS saves?

Thanks

OP
I

iac

Reaction score
114 people visited... no one replied. not good experience.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
heres some to what i know..

1) easiest way to do this is with apps on your phone.
backup - my backup pro
ringtones-zedge
wallpapers-zedge
music-use USB mass storage to transfer your music files

3)there are apps that will make lists of the apps you have - appbrain is one that has a website that will sync with your phone

4)i dont know about this so i just googled it and found this
Guide: Switching from iPhone to Android
but all contacts are on gmail - go on there to manage them

5) if its on the phone, long press screen>add>wallpapers. also, like i said, zedge has thousands of wallpapers to download

6) try restarting the camera app or doing a battery pull

7) see link 2 to see what root means. should still be able to get 2.2

8)i dont think there is a limit but its wise to delete every so often so theres no lag.

again, these are all based on my experience with the droid (the CDMA version of the milestone) so im not positive everything will work on it. for Arabic, id just try searching google to see what others use. theres probably a way, i just dont know of it.

OP
I

iac

Reaction score
thanks for reply.

thanks