1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New to Inc2, have questions about ROM'ing

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible 2 Hacks' started by Rumblur, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Rumblur

Rumblur New Member

hi guys, I just got a Dinc2 and would like to root it if for no other reason than to get rid of the ads. But I'm thinking of changing ROMS... but I actually like the SenseUI. The keyboard sucks, but I like the touchpal keyboard ok.. What ROM leaves the SenseUI mostly intact but improves it? I dont want to lose the camera software, and I really need the best radio / reception possible as it sucks on the Inc2 already.

thanks in advance!
  2. asdfghjkl_em

asdfghjkl_em New Member

you might like this. it has pretty much every existing rom for the inc 2.
    my personal favorites are magnolia, miui (not sense, kind of iphone-ish) and nocturnal xplod (also not sense)[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif].

most of the sense roms have 3.0 or 3.5 so that's a major plus. but also try some aosp roms. to each their own, i suppose.

good luck! :)
    [/FONT]
  3. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter New Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Newtoroots incredible HD rls 1 is what I'm running. Sense 3.5 with android 2.3.5 and its very smooth. I've tried other ROMs but keep coming back to this because of the sense ui.

This post is Incredible 2!
  4. Rumblur

Rumblur New Member

Thanks... that might be what I'm looking for. Can anyone tell me if there's an ISO or something out there in case I dont like the ROM thing, that I can go back to bone stock Inc2?
  5. asdfghjkl_em

asdfghjkl_em New Member

yes, there's the froyo and gingerbread ruu that you have to flash through adb. if you need to do this, make sure you read a lot into it. there's guides on rootzwiki and probably xda. i don't think there's one on here though there might be. and if you don't like a custom rom, you can always flash andy'sbonestock rom, it's completely stock but with root.

when you do first flash clockwork, make a backup. saves you a lot of headache.
  6. ladybug1827

ladybug1827 New Member

I'm running Mikrunny v1. 01 odex is sense 3.5 and I'm loving it.... Great themes too!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
  7. ladybug1827

ladybug1827 New Member

I just tried to download miui and it seems incomplete..... No phone icon. It had the market icon, but when pressed it would go to the market only for a few seconds then it would close. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I've read a lot of positives about muiu but doesn't seem to work for me! Back to Mikrunny.....

8. asdfghjkl_em

asdfghjkl_em New Member

Did you do a full wipe before flashing it? I've never had a problem.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums
  9. ladybug1827

ladybug1827 New Member

No I didn't..... I'm A noob. So I do a backup, then a swipe, then download from sdcard. I'll try it again..... Not know, I'm really liking Mikrunny but I get bored fast. Ty :)

10. asdfghjkl_em

asdfghjkl_em New Member

You're very welcome:)

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums.
  11. ladybug1827

ladybug1827 New Member

Miui works great, no bugs, it's smooth. It's definately different then what I'm used to. I miss my sense calendar. Anybody know of a good user friendly calendar in the market? I tried a couple, and they don't compare to sense.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums
  12. ladybug1827

ladybug1827 New Member

Trying miui again and I really like it, but it doesn't allow me to get incoming calls. My phone will ring and as soon as i answer it, it force closes! Can anyone help me? I have an Inc 2.
Search tags for this page
best inc2 rom

best incredible 2 rom

best rom for incredible 2

best+incredible+2 rom
incredible 2 best roms