Just got the razr ....a few things I've noticed

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Uninstall Words, Skype, circle battery and Pandora. Reboot, charge the phone all the way up and run for a day. Report back....

Sent from Droid RAZR

swallman

Reaction score
Uninstall Words, Skype, circle battery and Pandora. Reboot, charge the phone all the way up and run for a day. Report back....

Sent from Droid RAZR

I second the recommendation regarding Skype. When I had it running on my old DX (and now on the RAZR), when logged into Skype it really sucks battery...

Sent from my living room sofa

ephlat

Reaction score
Best thing you can do for battery life, in my experience, is run it on 3G when you don't need fast data. 4G murders battery like a coke fiend murders hookers in Taiwan. Also, only have WiFi on if you're actually using WiFi.

How do you disable 4G?

shizumie

Reaction score
Settings / wireless and networks / mobile networks (verry bottom) / network mode. Hear you will have 2 options CDMA/LTE and CDMA ONLY just check cdma only. Done 4g disabled.
:p

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Deron

Reaction score
How do you disable 4G?

You can download a free app called "LTE Switch" from Android Market. Then put it as a shortcut on your home screen. When you open it, it takes you directly to the submenu in your settings to toggle the LTE and CDMA only modes.

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
So I deleted Skype and Pandora and my battery lasted 11.5 hours with moderate use. I'm going to try some smart action's now and see if that helps.....anybody suggest some good smart actions that save battery

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
I've not noticed Pandora draining battery when its not in use, so I'm not so sure you need to delete it so much as limit your use of it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Deron

Reaction score
I'm going to try some smart action's now and see if that helps.....anybody suggest some good smart actions that save battery

Trigger: screen off
Action: cellular data off, wifi off

This one action will conserve battery life more than anything else, while still allowing you to receive calls and texts when your screen is off. Please note, some Razr users are reporting short delays in having their cellular data turn back on when screen turns on. This problem seems to be recent and occurred after the widespread Verizon network failure last week.

jays91ls

Reaction score
OS is WAY too high. You more than likely have an app that is keeping the phone busy. You will burn through battery with that much activity. I'd suggest you list all the apps you have installed and use

motocast was the reason for my poor battery life and data hogging , i found out anytime it was off of wifi it was killing my battery by constantly syncing with my home computer

SallyC

Reaction score
motocast was the reason for my poor battery life and data hogging , i found out anytime it was off of wifi it was killing my battery by constantly syncing with my home computer

I have MotoCast on but don't have it set to sync anything automatically. That way I still have access to my pc but I don't see any power drain.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
So I deleted Skype and Pandora and my battery lasted 11.5 hours with moderate use. I'm going to try some smart action's now and see if that helps.....anybody suggest some good smart actions that save battery

excellent! I just have smart actions set at night (11:59pm-6:45am) to kill everything off. I don't have issues with battery life so I don't use any smart actions during the day. 4G coverage here in Austin is excellent so I'm happy

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
OK well how long does your battery last? If I'm not using smart actions, turning data off and cell data off or have data saver on, and have all apps to close after two min of not being used.....my battery would be done in like 6 hrs. I have to have all of the above off so that I can get 11 hrs or so.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I average about 10 hours a day. Moderate/heavy use. I fully charge up before bed, wake up, go to work for 8 hours and put it back on the charger before bed. I don't count the night time hours (when in bed) because all my data is off.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
4444bb34-501d-bdc8.jpg
4444bb34-502b-20e7.jpg

This was my 2nd initial charge n rundown. Either rougue apps r jacked phone.?
You ever get it straitened out?

Off topic, but how did you get those screenshots. Are you rooted??