New to forums & root, not droid

snjfinances

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

SNJ here. I have had the original Moto Droid for quite some time now. I got into rooting because my first Droid's keyboard started failing. Verizon sent me a new phone, and I wanted to just link them together and have everything from one transfer to the other... I'm still wondering why phone companies/manufacturers haven't made this possible. Anyway, I began reading forums and watching videos on how to root and have slowly become more and more knowledgable. I've experienced some problems, but haven't bricked my phone or anything. My phone is faster and more customizable than ever, so these are all pluses that came along with being able to make a mirror image of my phone (as well as backup to DropBox) with Titanium Backup Pro.

Currently I am running CyanogenMod 6.1.2, and everything that needs root works except for apps that require write access to /system/. This has been a huge headache for me. I have some posts on these forums as well as a PM that I need to go check to see if my problems have a solution short of backing up, wiping, and restarting the process. For those in the know, it seems as though my phone is textbook NAND locked. I've read that I couldn't possibly be rooted if this is the case, but I can assure you that I am. If you think you can help me, then please see my posts for some details. If you need more details I will be glad to provide them to you.

As I become better and better I hope I will be able to help others out there as well.

Best,
SNJ

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DroidForums!! We are glad to have you with us.

I see you have a reponse in your thread as far as what to do so let us know how you make out :)