New to Forum - Not New to Droid

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by sasquatchgeoff, Mar 7, 2011.

1. sasquatchgeoff

sasquatchgeoff New Member

Hi Folks, I'm new to this forum but not new to my droid (over a year now) but recently my gmail contacts (about 5000 of them) have been crashing, requiring a re-sync, which puts me out of business for at least thirty minutes. This has surfaced since I updated to the stock v2.2.1

No hacks, only a few apps. I'm starting to get a little frustrated. This phone links me to my customers, hence my livelihood.
  2. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz New Member

3. sasquatchgeoff

sasquatchgeoff New Member

Apparently, only my contact data on the phone is affected - it deletes my favorites and call log, which for me is a major pain. My contacts re-sync automatically and are fine after about 15-30 minutes depending on the data connection.

As for the factory data reset, I haven't gone that far yet - will that "clean" the system of potential buggy data that might be crashing the app?
  4. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz New Member

Well you might want to try s FDR (factory data reset) if the problem keeps occuring
  5. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

welcome to the forum! well I didn't have issues...yet. so let's hope all others are ok

Swype with an Aloha from Hawaii