New to Droid 2 Help!

snowboarding1236

Reaction score
Hello so i just got the Droid 2 and i wanted to know how should i customize it. I wanted to hear some of your suggestions on what i should do. Help would be very helpful to me.

:noupstoday01:

OP
S

snowboarding1236

Reaction score
Battery Door Stuck!!

I got the extended battery. so it finally drained out and now i go to charge the normal battery. So i went to take out the extended battery the door got a stuck also. but i managed to get it out. then i put on the door of the reg. so it finishes charging and so i try to take it out and this one is legit stuck like i cant even take it out!. Please help!

OP
S

snowboarding1236

Reaction score
Ok wait so i got a little crack between the where the camera is and the battery door and i put the leg of the extended batt. in there and it came off. is there a way to prevent this?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not know the answer to your question. I suggest that we close this and move to the Droid 2 general discussion section.

Mike

dast

Reaction score
Root it.
Install the bootstrap recovery which will let you make full Nandroid backups. Very useful.
Install Titanium Backup and buy a license key to get the ability to "freeze" some of Verizon bloatware. You get the benefits of uninstalling without the danger. Doing this freed up some system resources for me.

Then, install apps like crazy.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Root it.
Install the bootstrap recovery which will let you make full Nandroid backups. Very useful.
Install Titanium Backup and buy a license key to get the ability to "freeze" some of Verizon bloatware. You get the benefits of uninstalling without the danger. Doing this freed up some system resources for me.

Then, install apps like crazy.

He forgot to mention that when you do this, you void your warranty.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are new to Android I wouldn't suggest Rooting your device right away...this is not a Droid 1 we are talking about, even the Dev's are still learning about the process involved in this, and as a community I don't think we should be pushing new owners into doing something like this first thing

Learn your way around, read and ask questions and then maybe root but not right out of the box, not if you are new to Android

dast

Reaction score
Quite right about the warranty.

Other fun things to do...

If you run Linux on a PC on your network, install MediaTomb. It acts as a UPnP media server. You can connect to your music library from your phone. Does some transcoding too. Use the stock DLNA app and you should be able to connect with little to no configuration on the phone side. Ubuntu includes
MediaTomb so it's super easy to set up. Streaming and downloading work well.

If you have a PS3, you can also use DLNA to stream from the phone to the console. (MediaTomb can also stream to the PS3.)

everstar80

Reaction score
You don't have to root to have a great customized droid 2. It is a great option but feel and explore your deice as is for awhile and find some great apps like dolphin hd and launcher pro. Really explore what the market and other app sites have to offer before you root IMO.