New Superuser 2.0.2 APP

cwkenny

Reaction score
After installing superuser 2.0.3, my su ninja guy dissappeared... I not don't see anything... I think i am ganna go back...

Alex K.

Reaction score
How do you install this without ROM Manager?

you'll probably have to find the apk somewhere.

from there it's as simple as

$su
#mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
#mv /sdcard/"appname.apk" /system/app/"appname.apk"
#chmod 777 /system/app/"appname.apk"
#reboot

pretty trivial if you ask me. :]
you may not need to chmod, and it may be more complicated than that, I've never manually installed Superuser before. Without the chmod part, that is standard procedure for installing an application.

bigjay517

Reaction score
Thanks that's how I thought I had to do it. I guess it didn't work for me. I did also install the new su app. Was I supposed to do that? Isn't the apk inside that zip file? Or is that something else?

Alex K.

Reaction score
Thanks that's how I thought I had to do it. I guess it didn't work for me. I did also install the new su app. Was I supposed to do that? Isn't the apk inside that zip file? Or is that something else?

I didn't look. Is the file a .apk?

hookerdj

Reaction score
all you have to do is download the file then open it up via rom manager go down to install rom from sd card just go down to it and then hit install it will do the rest

Alex K.

Reaction score
all you have to do is download the file then open it up via rom manager go down to install rom from sd card just go down to it and then hit install it will do the rest

lol, it's a rom-packaged app. :p

I didn't read the entire thread.

My bad.

bigjay517

Reaction score
Yes, there is a superuser.apk on there. I used that and followed your directions. When I used the mv command it gave some some system link error. I used copy instead. After I rebooted my superuser premissions are blank, and I don't get prompted to allow apps superuser anymore. Is that a known bug?

hookerdj

Reaction score
thats how you install zips using rom manager ....put the zip on your sd card then go into rom manager and go down to install rom (ZIPFILE) and go down to it and hit install do not wipe data or cache installing this file

hookerdj

Reaction score
i think the superuser 2.03 has a bug in it according to this thread i would just redownload the one of rom manager its in the extras folder and install that but thats how you install zips ..or you can power off and hit x and power tilll the menu comes up and do it that way

bigjay517

Reaction score
I don't currently use rom managers recovery. I guess I will install it. It sounds like it makes everything easier.

Alex K.

Reaction score
I don't currently use rom managers recovery. I guess I will install it. It sounds like it makes everything easier.

It really does, you'll become addicted to it in no time.

Sadly, you'll also get bored because it takes the challenge out of things.

Alex K.

Reaction score

It really does, you'll become addicted to it in no time.

Sadly, you'll also get bored because it takes the challenge out of things.
unless it gives you a bowl of bootloops.....mmmm

I haven't gotten bootloops yet. I'm surprised. It wouldn't be hard to tackle though, power + up, sbf, 2.0 goodness!