New Superuser 2.0.2 APP

SDI

Reaction score
It basically keeps track of what apps have root privileges. This newer app displays them in a nice "human readable" format. But to be honest, one probably never need open the app if everything is running properly.

Thank you so i gather then it is just a listing not anything really that does something?

It's absolutely necessary if you have a rooted phone. The app + the binary file is basically responsible for white listing/blacklisting what apps get superuser acces. Without it, you wouldn't have any control over what apps can access privileged commands.

Ok maybe i am asking the wrong question. What is the difference between the super user i have now and this one?

nphil

Reaction score
Oh, lol. Well this one looks prettier. And umm.. appears to be more functional.

RoLa

Reaction score
It basically keeps track of what apps have root privileges. This newer app displays them in a nice "human readable" format. But to be honest, one probably never need open the app if everything is running properly.

Thank you so i gather then it is just a listing not anything really that does something?

It's absolutely necessary if you have a rooted phone. The app + the binary file is basically responsible for white listing/blacklisting what apps get superuser acces. Without it, you wouldn't have any control over what apps can access privileged commands.
+1 nphil......Those of you that have opened the superuser app noticed that the screen is black and was wondering... WTF is this even for?..Well the reason the screen is black is because you haven't given access to anything to have root priv....once you do you will notice there is a green + sign giving this app the A ok to run...but once you tap it...WTF? it's gone...you have now disabled that apps root priv. and will have to go through all the pain and suffering of allowing it to run again when prompted...The new one is way better...it comes with the root app trying to run already checked so you don't have to check the remember box every time and wear out your finger, once you tap the app it actually gives you choices on what you want to do with the app...

stlcity

Reaction score
Read that some people lost root access after flashing this. If that were to happen can one just restore the previous nandroid and get root access back?

SDI

Reaction score
I just did it and all it seems to do is ask for SU permission for every app and list those apps in the SU page? Is that about right? Basically a listing of what you have allowed SU access?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just did it and all it seems to do is ask for SU permission for every app and list those apps in the SU page? Is that about right? Basically a listing of what you have allowed SU access?

It shows you a listing, but it is actually the control of what gets root access - it's an essential app, yet not one you actually need to use or look at ever, really.

SDI

Reaction score

It shows you a listing, but it is actually the control of what gets root access - it's an essential app, yet not one you actually need to use or look at ever, really.

Awesome thank you i like it

mkraffert

Reaction score
Read that some people lost root access after flashing this. If that were to happen can one just restore the previous nandroid and get root access back?

I just restored my backup and was fine.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bitter

Reaction score
Wow. Glad I browsed this thread and didn't just install it.

OP
1up

1up

Reaction score
Seems 2.0.3 is out now. Change log says:

2.0.3:
- Works on Enomther's TheOfficial Nexus1 v1.8.1
- Fix for NPE when a package is not found
- French locale thanks to leonnib4

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
can someone post the download link here? and do u install this as an update.zip?

stlcity

Reaction score
flashed it from the ROM manager last night. No problems to report.