New Samsung Captivate user

jacobbond

Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently stepped up into the smartphone world with my purchase of the Samsung Captivate. Since getting it I've rooted, tried 2 custom ROMs, and have tried several GPS fixes. Android is super awesome and I might try to get the new 2.3 version on my phone. The phone itself is pretty good but the GPS is a bit of a disappointment, otherwise the phone works great.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! once u root, ur options can be endless. as far as gps and navi, I guess I agree at a point. in Hawaii u can't get lost so really no use lol. but when traveling ya the phone isn't the same as using a garmin

Aloha from Hawaii...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum and dark side (rooted). Sounds like you are enjoying the advantage of Android. Enjoy your time with us.

Mike

OP
J

jacobbond

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! once u root, ur options can be endless. as far as gps and navi, I guess I agree at a point. in Hawaii u can't get lost so really no use lol. but when traveling ya the phone isn't the same as using a garmin

Aloha from Hawaii...

haha I don't live in Hawaii but you might be able to get lost there :)

I just used my phone's mobile AP for the first time today - freaking sweet! My regular internet went down and I set it up to try it, worked like a charm. That was one of the reasons I bought this phone was the mobile AP. My 3g isn't very fast but some internet is better than no internet.