New Samsung Captivate user

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by jacobbond, Mar 31, 2011.

1. jacobbond

jacobbond New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, I recently stepped up into the smartphone world with my purchase of the Samsung Captivate. Since getting it I've rooted, tried 2 custom ROMs, and have tried several GPS fixes. Android is super awesome and I might try to get the new 2.3 version on my phone. The phone itself is pretty good but the GPS is a bit of a disappointment, otherwise the phone works great.

2. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

Ratings:
    +16
    welcome to the forum! once u root, ur options can be endless. as far as gps and navi, I guess I agree at a point. in Hawaii u can't get lost so really no use lol. but when traveling ya the phone isn't the same as using a garmin

Aloha from Hawaii...

3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Welcome to the Forum and dark side (rooted). Sounds like you are enjoying the advantage of Android. Enjoy your time with us.

Mike

4. jacobbond

jacobbond New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    haha I don't live in Hawaii but you might be able to get lost there :)

I just used my phone's mobile AP for the first time today - freaking sweet! My regular internet went down and I set it up to try it, worked like a charm. That was one of the reasons I bought this phone was the mobile AP. My 3g isn't very fast but some internet is better than no internet.