1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New Samsung Captivate user

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by jacobbond, Mar 31, 2011.

1. jacobbond

jacobbond New Member

Hi guys, I recently stepped up into the smartphone world with my purchase of the Samsung Captivate. Since getting it I've rooted, tried 2 custom ROMs, and have tried several GPS fixes. Android is super awesome and I might try to get the new 2.3 version on my phone. The phone itself is pretty good but the GPS is a bit of a disappointment, otherwise the phone works great.
  2. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

welcome to the forum! once u root, ur options can be endless. as far as gps and navi, I guess I agree at a point. in Hawaii u can't get lost so really no use lol. but when traveling ya the phone isn't the same as using a garmin

Aloha from Hawaii...
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Welcome to the Forum and dark side (rooted). Sounds like you are enjoying the advantage of Android. Enjoy your time with us.

Mike
  4. jacobbond

jacobbond New Member

haha I don't live in Hawaii but you might be able to get lost there :)

I just used my phone's mobile AP for the first time today - freaking sweet! My regular internet went down and I set it up to try it, worked like a charm. That was one of the reasons I bought this phone was the mobile AP. My 3g isn't very fast but some internet is better than no internet.