Samsung captivate [[[please help!!]]]

Droid4Prez

Reaction score
My cousin recently purchased the samsung captivate from att. I told him to use 4shared to get free apps but everytime he tried to install, it wouldn't let him. So he sent me a text asking if I could post this problem on the forums that I use, and although it doesn't have to do with the droid series, hopefully someone could help answer his problem:

"I rooted my phone not to long ago hoping that I would be able to get free applications from 4shared. But since I have the Samsung captivate, it wont allow me to install the app. It tells me that AT&T wont allow unknown applications that aren't from the android market. I really want to get the block removed so I can download 3rd party apps. What should I do?"

How can he get around att's block? Please answer this as soon as possible if you know the answer. Thank you so much!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

harrellj

Reaction score
We frown on pirating apps on these forums, but he can install non-market apps using Android Central's Sideload Wonder Machine. There should also be directions on how to manually sideload apps as well.