New Razr owner and having this main problem.

BullysonRazor

Reaction score
I heavily rely on my Hotmail account so its my primary email for work..whenever I compose or reply too a email to my clients they get my mail but nothing in the body just my name and subject. Is there a setting I'm missing that I need to know about ..My x never had thus pro lem...
Also just wanted too mention the motorola Razr has been a vast improvement then my x..I was rooted, rom'd, themed etc..etc..and this has too be the smoothest,fastest and most durable phone to date..Had it for almost month now and have not even see it reboot itself yet.lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
I had that same issue with hotmail. Gmail works fine but for some reason hotmail delivered empty messages. In the end I just had to use a different email app because I have a feeling it is an issue with that particular app. K9 mail is a great email alternative and you can have all of your emails delivering to one place.

jrpbulk

Reaction score
Search the forums this has been discussed several times. I had the issue too.

Unfortunately is has to do with the razr's native hotmail application. (confirmed by VZ to me and others). The only current work around is to use the Hotmail app from the android market. I did this and it works fine. I believe the current version is 7.8.2.5.45.7217 via the market.

I hope they are working on it but it would help if you send them feedback and maybe take the extra step and call them too.

I heavily rely on my Hotmail account so its my primary email for work..whenever I compose or reply too a email to my clients they get my mail but nothing in the body just my name and subject. Is there a setting I'm missing that I need to know about ..My x never had thus pro lem...
Also just wanted too mention the motorola Razr has been a vast improvement then my x..I was rooted, rom'd, themed etc..etc..and this has too be the smoothest,fastest and most durable phone to date..Had it for almost month now and have not even see it reboot itself yet.lol

Reaction score
Search the forums this has been discussed several times. I had the issue too.

Unfortunately is has to do with the razr's native hotmail application. (confirmed by VZ to me and others). The only current work around is to use the Hotmail app from the android market. I did this and it works fine. I believe the current version is 7.8.2.5.45.7217 via the market.

I hope they are working on it but it would help if you send them feedback and maybe take the extra step and call them too.

Just did a quick check on my phone and the latest update for the RAZR no longer has the built in hotmail option. So it seems they just got rid of it.

Edit: Spoke too soon. You still can add a hotmail account through the accounts option in settings but when I tried it out just now it won't even let me sign in.

Last edited:

iguanad

Reaction score
Can the market hotmail app be used in conjunction with the universal inbox?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
B

BullysonRazor

Reaction score
Just got off marathon support call with Level 2 Moto - - - seems fixed for me now by the following: Settings....Accounts...Add account...
Add hotmail to the stock email app as a 'corporate sync' type of email. Enter your 'Username' as your full hotmail email address (not just your short nickname) - leave Domain and Proxy alone and make Server = m.hotmail.com. Keep the 'use secure connection' box checked. We just did this and tested a couple emails and they are NO LONGER BLANK IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL! Woo-hoo! Life is good.

Went back too the archive and found this and it works .. my email is now working..thank you

Zandar

Reaction score
Hotmail, eh? Did you try using Netscape Navigator after logging on to AOL? Maybe someone was on the phone while you were on the World Wide Web.

Sliced from my RAZR

iguanad

Reaction score
Just got off marathon support call with Level 2 Moto - - - seems fixed for me now by the following: Settings....Accounts...Add account...
Add hotmail to the stock email app as a 'corporate sync' type of email. Enter your 'Username' as your full hotmail email address (not just your short nickname) - leave Domain and Proxy alone and make Server = m.hotmail.com. Keep the 'use secure connection' box checked. We just did this and tested a couple emails and they are NO LONGER BLANK IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL! Woo-hoo! Life is good.

Went back too the archive and found this and it works .. my email is now working..thank you

Thanks this fixed my issue as well!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Wcorr

Reaction score
I just tried the above and it will not register the account. Any idea if the domain changed? Thanks