New razr owner, question

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Also if u wanna root ur phone and get the official moto ics leak go here and read this i did it and love my razr that much more [CDMA] ICS Installer v1.2 is released! 6.14.84.xt912 LEAK [USE AT YOUR OWN RISK] - xda-developers

Also its a great forum to learn more on the potential power of the razr

I might be alone in this one but I don't think offering up a leaked OS that has been known to make users be stuck on that build and brick their phones if they try and fastboot back might not be a good idea to a brand new Android user.

OP I know you said you are going to wait for rooting which is a good idea until you are comfortable, but if you do root I would avoid that leaked OS. Just my two cents.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Sydman i have no desire to root at this time. Im happy with the phone as is. Thx for the reply.

I agree with you, I am rooted myself but the only perk I am utilizing because of the root is the wifi tether that requires root. I have no APPS frozen and don't use custom ROMS or leaked OS's, this phone runs great stock out of the box. Not much need to tinker with what already works great.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I might be alone in this one but I don't think offering up a leaked OS that has been known to make users be stuck on that build and brick their phones if they try and fastboot back might not be a good idea to a brand new Android user.

OP I know you said you are going to wait for rooting which is a good idea until you are comfortable, but if you do root I would avoid that leaked OS. Just my two cents.
Sydman you're not alone here. I totally agree. There are a couple of leaked ICS builds that will lock you into that build...there is no way at this time to fastboot back to a stock configuration. No updates and no upgrades right now...you;re stuck if you're lucky...bricked if you're not as lucky.

OP
Enemyofthestate
Reaction score
Sydman said:
I agree with you, I am rooted myself but the only perk I am utilizing because of the root is the wifi tether that requires root. I have no APPS frozen and don't use custom ROMS or leaked OS's, this phone runs great stock out of the box. Not much need to tinker with what already works great.

I downloaded foxfi and used it for a bit on xbox 360 for a couple hours yesterday. Ran great.

Reaction score
I agree i got very lucky with the build i got for ics i am far from a tech savvy person and yes that particular link for ics is a build that will not let u go back to stock yet but he does have a version that will let u go back to stock and unroot for the official ics when it comes out bit agreed learn ur phone first took me 2 months of reading up on rooting and the leaked versions of ics before i did it i will say i am that much more happy with my phone the potential of this phone is crazy

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I downloaded foxfi and used it for a bit on xbox 360 for a couple hours yesterday. Ran great.

I know you came from BB, just want to make sure that you are on unlimited data, FoxFi eats data.. if you are not unlimited make sure to keep an eye on how much you have used.

I rooted my X almost out of the box.. I have had no need to root the maxx, I don't need to overclock it, I don't want the leaks, the phone can handle the bloatware without slowing it down and with FoxFi, I don't need to be rooted for tethering.