New Mot Droid user with e-mail problem

troutfish1

Reaction score
Hi all. Very glad to see there's a forum for Droid users.

Just got the Motorola Droid a few days ago. So far it's impressive although I can't get the e-mail to function correctly. It downloads my msn e-mail ok the first time, but on subsequent tries I keep getting the the error: "The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" followed with a "Force Close" button.

I scanned this forum briefly and saw that others were having the same problem. Still searching for the solution if anyone has it.

Droidlicous

Reaction score
Forward your msn email to the gmail that you set up for your phone I suppose is a walk around. Just throwing an idea out there I use gmail so no problem on my part.

EARL97850

Reaction score
Are you using a "pop3" account? you have to make sure you get the Droid to keep the settings or that email will never work.

Good luck

Cya

MrExtraordinare

Reaction score
I got the same error and it seems to be related to the Email program, not the Gmail. I set up my Yahoo email account via IMAP (not POP3) and it was working fine for a day until now. I noticed that it was trying to retrieve the mails and I guess something happened there. So I deleted my account quickly before the error pop up again and now it seems to stop causing error.

I am suspecting that it's quite possible that maybe Yahoo somehow detected that I was using IMAP which is free where you have to pay $19.99 per year to use the POP3 to have access to your email via mobile. I think it's possible that Yahoo may have blocked it, thus causing error.

This is only my initial hunch and it would make sense. I'm not the expert in this area but my I/T hunch tells me that it may be the case. If anyone knows more about this particular than I do, we would all be very appreciative if you would share with us the root cause of the error.

runner

Reaction score
Email force quit

I've recently been getting the same message and force close prompt. I've had the phone since the weekend it was first introduced and haven't had any problems. I set up my gmail, aol and yahoo accounts when I first got the phone and it's been working great.

I did the system upgrade a week or so ago and that's when the problems started. My e-mails weren't coming in at all or were delayed a day or two. Then I started getting the message that android.email quit unexpectedly and the prompt to force close.

I called tech support yesterday, we did a factory reset and the problem persisted. Motorola said there wasn't a way to fix it and they're sending me a new one today. In the meantime, my bluetooth won't work and it's dying a slow death. : (

Just wanted to share in case others are experiencing the same thing.