Droid x and pop 3 e-mail problems

mike frazier

Reaction score
I have my 2 pop 3 e-mail accounts loaded on my droid x as well as my gmail account. The problem I am having is getting my droid to send out my e-mails on one of my pop 3 accounts instead of the gmail account. I do not have gmail on my desktop so never check that account. I am however receiving all my pop 2 e-mails on my droid x.

I have my settings in my phone to where one of those pop 3 accounts is selected as the default account but that does not seem to matter when it comes to sending out new e-mails. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

z_man96

Reaction score
Do you have a secure pop 3 email account? On my original droid the only way that I could send emails was thru a secure server. I could always receive them but never send until I had secured setting setup.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you can't send pop3 it is usually the outgoing port that is wrong. Try [FONT=&quot]587 or 465.

Good luck.
[/FONT]

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have a secure pop 3 email account? On my original droid the only way that I could send emails was thru a secure server. I could always receive them but never send until I had secured setting setup.

Here's a write-up I did for a battery saving thread:

[FONT=&quot]Emails: I don't know what email app you use, but try this. It saves battery power and in some cases emails arrive quicker. This scheme will have you using only the Gmail app on the phone for all email accounts whether they are pop3 accounts or Gmail. Go to the Google Gmail inbox on your computer and log into the Gmail account. On the top right of the screen is an option called Settings. In there is an option to have the Gmail program poll your regular, non-Gmail accounts (From the inbox; Settings/Accounts & Import/ Check mail using POP3). Provide the email address and the password. The Google Gmail program will then poll your other accounts on a frequency from 1-5 minutes and push the email immediately to your phone. The polling frequency is determined by each account's activity - more emails = faster polling. This saves battery power because on the android OS pop3 accounts are polled at a frequency of 1-30 minutes and that really eats battery. Because the phone goes and checks those accounts for mail whether there is mail there or not.[/FONT]

OP
M

mike frazier

Reaction score
i clicked use secure derver on the phone and it changed port to what guy down below recommended but still doesn't work

OP
M

mike frazier

Reaction score
i changed my outgoing by checking use secure connection and that changed the port speed to 465 and that did not help

OP
M

mike frazier

Reaction score

do you just check use secure connection on phone e-mail set up where server info is entered? When I do that it does increase the port speed to 465 without me entering that by hand.

z_man96

Reaction score
You need to have the port set to what you email provider suggest, the ports for mine are not the same as what he has said. Plus my pop setting are - popa.xxxx.net, so you will have to check with your email provider to what your setting need to be. I have my incoming port at 995 and outgoing port is 25.

OP
M

mike frazier

Reaction score
on my desktop the port speeds are 110 incoming and 25 outgoing

z_man96

Reaction score
That is the default for pc's, your phone is going to use different settings. Have you checked with your email provider to see if they have settings for a secured server?

OP
M

mike frazier

Reaction score
e-mail problems

I talked to ATT who hosts my website and e-mail accounts and they told me port should be 587 for outgoing server. I changed that but e-mails still going out on gmail acct. I have a call in to a tech guy at verizon as now has to be a setting in droid x phone.

z_man96

Reaction score
What email client are you using on your phone? I've been using maildroid, it's worked the best for me. Also for a secure server did they give you what your user & password settings need to be?

OP
M

mike frazier

Reaction score
e-mail problems

You lost me when you asked which e-mail client I am using. I have no idea.

OP
M

mike frazier

Reaction score
e-mail problems

I must have my user name and passwords right since I am getting all my e-mails that I also get on desktop.