E-mail notifications

Locust71

Reaction score
Hey out there,

Does anyone know how to get different notification sounds for different e-mail accounts? For example I have a work e-mail and a social e-mail and would like to have a different sound for each one. Right now I only get to pick a default sound which applies to both e-mails. Any help would be great! Thanks.

Silver Member
Reaction score
since the default email client is a separate app from teh gmail client, use only work email through the default email client and all o fyour personal mail through gmail (see my sig). that way you can set each sound.

OP
L

Locust71

Reaction score
Would I then have to change my social account to g-mail or can I keep my aol account?

OP
L

Locust71

Reaction score
I don't fully understand.... I am little slow at this.

Silver Member
Reaction score
you can setup gmail to check your POP3 accounts. they'll filter through. i've provided detailed step-by-step instructions in my thread linked in my sig below:

OP
L

Locust71

Reaction score
email notifications

Ok so I have set up gmail to my other email accounts. now do I delete the accounts on my droid? and then how do I make the sounds different.... by the way thanks for your help.

Silver Member
Reaction score
yes, delete the other accounts. make sure you are using labeling in gmail, so you know what email is from what account.

from each mail app, go to menu - settings and scroll down to notifications. there you can designate your choice of tone/vibrate, etc.

OP
L

Locust71

Reaction score
email notifications

Mail app? there is only one mail icon on my homepage. you are really patient

Silver Member
Reaction score
one is an envelope. the other has an M with an envelope. these are both mail apps, except one is called the Default Mail app and the other the GMail Mail app. each of these have settings independent of the other.

if you can't find it on your desktop, check the app drawer.

OP
L

Locust71

Reaction score
email notifications

you are truly a brilliant human being!!!

OP
L

Locust71

Reaction score
email notifications

uhhhh okay so delete everything except work from droid use gmail to filter social emails got it up to there then where to switch sounds there are two social e-mails by the way thanks ever sooo much

Silver Member
Reaction score
uhhhh okay so delete everything except work from droid use gmail to filter social emails got it up to there then where to switch sounds there are two social e-mails by the way thanks ever sooo much
you can only have sound notifications per app, not per account, not sure if I made that clear. gmail will have its own sound (social mail), default email will have its own sound (work mail).

mrjukbox

Reaction score
My name is Jeff and I really like this phone, its taken some changes for me to get the changes in technology. I stay right behind my 26 year old son. So he plays, and now I read about Droid apps and electronic deviced and gadgets.
Anyway, this app is exactly a way i was looking to do the email situation with AOL. Thanks, Good idea. Jeff.