New Member with a unique Moto Droid issue

skyjag

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I just joined the forum after reading a few posts as it came highly recommended from a good friend.

Currently, I have a Motorola Droid, rooted (2.2), and running the Ultimate Droid (UD) rom. Unfortunately, UD seems to have taken a death grip on my phone. I have been trying to change the ROM to something faster (most likely Bugless), but am unable to. Here's what's been going on so far:

-During a reboot, I am unable to rebot the phone into Recovery and Bootloader modes. Both result in a standard reboot.
-Using the ROM Manager, I am change the ROM using the 'update.zip' method on the root SDCard folder.
-I can not do a factory reset using the 'x + power button' method (screen stays on the white Motorola logo and does not change; held the buttons up to 3 minutes and attempted this over a dozen times) and the Settings | Privacy | Factory data reset.

The results of all of these actions are the same, the phone just does a simple reboot.

In addition, I was one of the lucky people that experienced the recent LauncherPro expired package issue, but faced completely unique problems than other people (based on a lot of posts I read). I finally was able to resolve that issue, but the UD issue continues. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could try?

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Try reflashing your recovery w/ rom manager. And btw power plus x boots into recovery, not a factory reset. Though you can do one from the recovery screen

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

evltwn72

Reaction score
What recovery do you have flashed? I had this issue before and had to flash an older version of clockwork mod. Also try flashing between sprecovery and clockwork a couple of times.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Can you get to recovery from rom manager? Also, I use Hotboot. There is an option there to reboot straight to recovery. There's other apps that do the same. I just can't remember the names.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
S

skyjag

Reaction score
That did the trick!

Thank you very much! That also fixed the x+power boot issue as well.

Try reflashing your recovery w/ rom manager. And btw power plus x boots into recovery, not a factory reset. Though you can do one from the recovery screen

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk