New Member w/ New Droid Incoming

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Just ordered a Motorola Droid and it should be in my hands tomorrow or the next day. Long time crackberry user and feel good/excited to be getting away from it and into Android.
:icon_ banana:

I've heard nothing but good about these phones and am hoping I find a bunch of good information and conversation on this site.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
My work phone is a BB tour and I'll have to say I like the keyboard way better than the Droid's slide out one. But all thats a mute point once you D/L and install Swipe. That should be on every newbies short list of things to do.

Welcome.

Reaction score
Me too OP. i've been lurking here since I orderded. The thread about posting the home screens is really cool. Hope I can figure out how to do all that stuff.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

Just ordered a Motorola Droid and it should be in my hands tomorrow or the next day. Long time crackberry user and feel good/excited to be getting away from it and into Android.
:icon_ banana:

I've heard nothing but good about these phones and am hoping I find a bunch of good information and conversation on this site.

Welcome! I suggest that you get as much rest as possible before your Droid arrives because once you get you hands around it you will NOT put it down.
I hope you have good eyes because reading all of the good stuff on this forum will require it.

Mike

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
My work phone is a BB tour and I'll have to say I like the keyboard way better than the Droid's slide out one. But all thats a mute point once you D/L and install Swipe. That should be on every newbies short list of things to do.

Welcome.
From my limited experience with a droid at the store, I don't have any issue yet with the droid keyboard.

I have the Blackberry Pearl, it can't be any worse than that POS.

Does the Moto droid also have touch screen keyboard?

bd1212

Reaction score

Welcome.
From my limited experience with a droid at the store, I don't have any issue yet with the droid keyboard.

Yes. Infact, it has two - a portrait keyboard and a landscape keyboard.

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score

Welcome.

Yes. Infact, it has two - a portrait keyboard and a landscape keyboard.
Awesome. I figured this to be the case but wasn't sure.

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Bah- it wont be here until tomorrow!

ocholoco

Reaction score
Bah- it wont be here until tomorrow!

i'm in the same boat as you...i thought mine was gonna be here today, but when i checked the tracking number it said tomorrow. sad.

i agree with BlazinCaucasain....just more time to try to figure stuff out:)

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I manage my company's verizon account, and when I order a phone for that account I get it next day. I just figured the standard shipping for my personal account was the same - I guess I was wrong.

I can wait until tomorrow. BUT I DON'T WANT TO! :icon_evil: lol

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I manage my company's verizon account, and when I order a phone for that account I get it next day. I just figured the standard shipping for my personal account was the same - I guess I was wrong.

I can wait until tomorrow. BUT I DON'T WANT TO! :icon_evil: lol

For those of you who will receive their Droid tomorrow go home and get a good nights sleep. Thursday night, you'll be up way past your usual bed time.
Mike

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Fedex guy needs to hurry up. The Fedex freight carrier showed up and teased me.. have to wait for the Express truck.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Fedex guy needs to hurry up. The Fedex freight carrier showed up and teased me.. have to wait for the Express truck.

That 'patience is a virtue' thing just doesn't apply when you're waiting for the FedEx man! Good luck and don't hug the FedEx man too hard!

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score

That 'patience is a virtue' thing just doesn't apply when you're waiting for the FedEx man! Good luck and don't hug the FedEx man too hard!
Express is usually here by now. No hugs for him. Boot to the face is a possibility if he keeps me waiting much longer! :icon_ devil:

What is this patience thing you speak of?