New member...just checkin' things out...

goddinggirl

Reaction score
Just got an Droid Incredible and absolutely LOVE it. Still playing with it to see what all it can do. Totally recommend the app on Android Secrets, Tricks, and Tips by intelligentipublishing.com...It helped a lot being a 'newbie' Droid owner.
The only problems I'm looking to solve so far (and will be searching this forum for help) are: spam! HOLY COW....really? There's got to be a way to avoid at least some of it! And...Facebook games: isn't there a browser out there that's game-friendly?
If anyone reading this has any ideas u'd probably be saving me some major headaches and a whole lot of time.
Thanks, goddinggirl

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum - if by spam you are referring to advertisements within some applications there is a way to stop it - it requires Root Acces and a custom "No Ads" Script or...I believe there is a Market Application that will also block ads (root required).

Anything you ever need on the Forum, just ask :wink:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Droid Forums. It appears you will be spending some time in our hacking section for the Incredible. Glad to have you here and if you need help finding anything let us know.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum.
If you have any Questions just ask.
Enjoy your stay with us.

OP
G

goddinggirl

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome...

Thanks everyone who welcomed me...
'notBill' not quite sure why i'll be "spending a lot of time in the hacking forums" (sounds slightly ominous...) but do appreciate the welcome.
Re: the advice about getting app for spam ad stopped with root...pretend I have no idea what ur talking about. What do u suggest for someone getting too many unwanted offers from Google?
Thanks again everyone...goddinggirl

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting this "spam" on your phone ?

Check out the Incredible Hacking Section for more information on Root and how to go about it - my suggestion is to read and ask questions before taking any actions :)

OP
G

goddinggirl

Reaction score
Where are you getting this "spam" on your phone ?

Check out the Incredible Hacking Section for more information on Root and how to go about it - my suggestion is to read and ask questions before taking any actions :)
Thanks...will do.