New Member - Ed

M

macpilot

I am new to this forum and stumbled on it looking for a solution to a problem I seem to have with my 2 month old Driod.

Although I have searched the web, I cannot find a satisfactory answer or solution to my problem. I cannot get my Driod to notify me when I receive mail in my GMAIL account. I installed the app GMAIL NOTIFIER and the test from notifier works fine, but actual mails sent to my account go unnoticed until I manually check the account. I also have a FaceBook account that does work correctly.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and stumbled on it looking for a solution to a problem I seem to have with my 2 month old Driod.

Although I have searched the web, I cannot find a satisfactory answer or solution to my problem. I cannot get my Driod to notify me when I receive mail in my GMAIL account. I installed the app GMAIL NOTIFIER and the test from notifier works fine, but actual mails sent to my account go unnoticed until I manually check the account. I also have a FaceBook account that does work correctly.

:welcome: to the Droid Forum. I'm going to help as best as I can.

There shouldn't be a need to instal a gmail notifier. I'm going to give you a set of directions to follow. This is the easiest and best directions you'll find anywhere: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...66-droid-hints-pop3-gmail-forwarding-you.html

Hope this helps you.

OP
M

macpilot

Thank you for the information, but the issue was not with other POP accounts, it is with my GMAIL account. However, I just created a new GMAIL account and it does notify me when I send a message to it. So, now I have to figure out the difference between the two accounts.