New Maxx has arrived with Blazing speeds!!!

DarthKinetic

Reaction score
So my son and I received our Razr Maxxs yesterday via FedEx and by 6 PM we were up and running.

thank you to Speedtest.net for my new favorite app..

the Razrs consistently pulled 11-13 MBs down and up !!!

Streaming Netflix over 4G and hdmi cabled to 40" LCD tv looked great!

I have a lot more fiddling to do, but the Skype app and Google Talk both proved effective ( although the picture in Skype was upside down.)

Setup was a pinch and I am still choosing my smart actions.

install of all my apps from the app store or from my SD card were easy, exception Power Amp required 2 install uninstalls and a rescan of my SD music folder before it played my music. I lost my playlists :(

video capture was a little off on color but the resolution and play back in both 720 and 1080 looked great on the device.

an OTA update showed up this Am to update the system to 6.12.173.xt912

still on Android 2.3.6 and I will not root and will wait for ICS :)

I will run this in 4G for the next several days and see how my battery does, I dont usually switch to WiFI when home as I want my texts to come through and also because TW RoadRunner email settings are stupid and different depending if you on the network or on our home network.( to login or not to login when sending email via thier SMTP server) I really hate this part of TW Roadrunner...

several apps like Skype and email wanted to launch and use WIFI automatically upon install or setup. I had to close the app, turn WIFI of manually via the widget then relaunch the app and choose to NOT have wifi enable when using the app.

I make this choice as I have unlimited data and a solid 4g signal so why use my home wifi when i can us the phone's connection? ( plus the TWR email issue above)

All in all it feels like a nice, lighter newer version of my trusty DroidX and not really that much bigger

:biggrin:

Let me know if you guys want be to test or report on anything else.

morcguy

Reaction score
I will run this in 4G for the next several days and see how my battery does, I dont usually switch to WiFI when home as I want my texts to come through

:biggrin:

Let me know if you guys want be to test or report on anything else.

I switch to Wifi at home and receive my texts with no problems.

Last edited:
OP
DarthKinetic

DarthKinetic

Reaction score
morcguy, this is good to know,I saw on this forum that someone was not.

I however still have the issue with TW Roadrunner's SMTP server settings being different on my home wifi vs another wifi or 4g so for this i will not go WIFI at home as a standard :(

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I use my WiFi at home too and no problems with text or emails etc. I don't understand what the WiFi would have to do with text and emails. WiFi is just another way to source internet to the phone just like 3g or 4g only most WiFi connections are a faster service and less pull on the battery. No matter what WiFi source you are on, it shouldn't affect the performance of the phones applications.... if I am wrong will someone please correct me.

OP
DarthKinetic

DarthKinetic

Reaction score
wow, nearly 20Mbps down and almost as fast up... wow, 4G rocks!
dancedroid

SEColwell

Reaction score
I too don't have any issues getting email or text when on wifi.....ans yes 4g is blazing fast

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx covered with an otterbox defender with an invisisheild screen protector! ®™

ronjon400

Reaction score
Well this is my favorite subject these days! I "was" a sprint/EVO owner for almost 2 years and i was always having trouble getting my tune-in radio to stream without interruptions. then came the droid razr maxx! so me and the wife made a few calls and ended up getting out of sprint and into Verizon with a droid razr maxx for me and the boy(buy on get one). wife ended up with an iPhone(hey thats what she likes). so my latest speeds at the house are 28.59 Mbps down/ 8.59 Mbps up of course that's on the 4G. I live in Daytona beach about 4 miles west of the infamous Daytona speedway, which is promoted by "sprint". whats sad is you dont even get 4G until your about 1/2 mile from the track. and when the track is live they bring in these mobile (semi trailer) 4G repeaters to increase the signal which only nets about 8 Mbps down and 2.5 Mbps up. that's sad

the end

ronjon400

Reaction score
I too don't have any issues getting email or text when on wifi.....ans yes 4g is blazing fast

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx covered with an otterbox defender with an invisisheild screen protector! ®™

what app you using for screenshots?