new market place

Status
Not open for further replies.

CreditGod

Reaction score
how come the owners of this site don't offer a place to browse and look at app right here on this site it make since this site is the number 1 rated site for droid phone users you all could make a lot of money and make our browsing experiance really nice

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the admins are working on that as of now. they are trying to find a decent place to do so. Hoping to hear more about this soon. :)

while it may not be ON this site, it will be directly linked to this site.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
New2u can you elaborate? i'm not following ;)

(btw i'm not against the owners making some $$$)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well as stated, the mods are trying to get a site up that has the apps on it, with good reviews, and an excellent layout. It may not be "housed" on droidforums.net but it would have many links for each other on them, i would imagine.

This is just in the beginning stages i believe. I'm not sure if they are going forward with it, or if they decided not to do it in the end. But as stated, once things get set in stone, if they are doing something, i'm sure you guys will hear about it.

I for one hate the layout of androlib, and also that alot of the apps on androlib aren't in the marketplace. There is a marketplace website but it doesn't list the majority of the apps, only like the top 100 in each category. Which is bad for those apps just coming out.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
gotcha, sounds good to me. at first i thought you meant the admins wanted to set up a "cydia-esque" new marketplace. this makes more sense.

good luck

OP
C

CreditGod

Reaction score
if you make the store sit inside of the forum and add live chat you would have millions of hits a day

also you could start a page called mydroid . com and let people have a place to have fun and meet people like faceboo and myspac

starting another site would be a terible thing to do there are other sites trying it but they they have no fan base

right now the visitors to this site stay here and look around for almost as long as the visitors do on itunes

most of the moderatores know the developers personally all they have to do is start porting over the apps and then the rest will come over time

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
if you make the store sit inside of the forum and add live chat you would have millions of hits a day

also you could start a page called mydroid . com and let people have a place to have fun and meet people like faceboo and myspac

starting another site would be a terible thing to do there are other sites trying it but they they have no fan base

right now the visitors to this site stay here and look around for almost as long as the visitors do on itunes

most of the moderatores know the developers personally all they have to do is start porting over the apps and then the rest will come over time

While i'm not saying it's a bad idea, i am merely saying that from what i know of it all, it's all in the beginning phases. All I know is that they have thought about it, and they might do it. Other then that I don't know much about it. Merely responding to the question the OP asked :)

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
What I hate most about Androlib is that if you pick a category like Games -> All you can sort by rating, but if you do a search for something there is no way to sort the results. Please have this functionality in yours. :)

hydro556

Reaction score

(not a knock against you, Wuyanks. Just a general statement)It is a pretty sad statement when someone in the USA feels it is necessary to qualify any statement by pointing out that they arent against an owner of anything making money. As if it is somehow bad for business owners to make money. In the last 15 years or so, the population has been conditioned by the media to believe that the owners of companies are somehow greedy and evil. When, in fact, they are the very people that make it possible for the rest of the (less motivated) population to have jobs.

Sorry for getting off topic, just doesnt bode well for our future.

rayz007

Reaction score
To hydro556,
I don't think "motivation" has anything to do with it. Not everyone has the entrepreneurial spirit and they just want to earn enough to support themselves and their family. While capitalism is a good system, it is not without its flaws. Businesses always need to remember that without workers, they too will not survive. It needs to be a symbiotic, and not a parasitic relationship. Sorry, I just found your statement as to an individuals "motivation" or lack thereof to be a little condescending.

With that said, I too would like to see a well thought out guide to the Market place apps, with reviews and ratings. I would gladly purchase them through this site in order to support droidforums.

rayz007

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

(not a knock against you, Wuyanks. Just a general statement)It is a pretty sad statement when someone in the USA feels it is necessary to qualify any statement by pointing out that they arent against an owner of anything making money. As if it is somehow bad for business owners to make money. In the last 15 years or so, the population has been conditioned by the media to believe that the owners of companies are somehow greedy and evil. When, in fact, they are the very people that make it possible for the rest of the (less motivated) population to have jobs.

Sorry for getting off topic, just doesnt bode well for our future.

i just wanted to add that disclaimer at the end because i didn't want to sound like i am "flaming" the OP or the site... not sure what your post has to do with mine... but it's okay if you want to rant a bit, we all need to sometimes.

hydro556

Reaction score
My comment was not meant to be a slam against anyone here. Your statement, unfortunately, is pertinent in todays climate. I dont blame you for having the thought. I just think that fact is scary. Business owners need to make money or there will be no motivation for new business.

OP
C

CreditGod

Reaction score
please stay on topic

can we add or create a list of things we would like to see on new market place i will start

1. music from all sources buy any song from any site and have it save to you profile then you can put on your phone kinda like browsing with frames.

2. application subjects. food, travel, tool, entertainment, games, etc

3 screen shots.

4 comments.

5 a place on the site where people could sign up for future apps

in other words you take an app like urban spoon and you have 400,000 people sign in saying they want this app you and to email you or send you a text message when it ready you can bet the developers will jump on it

please help with new ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.