Market place change

CreditGod

Reaction score
they are changing the market place structure so that if you have a problem with your phone or loose it you can go to one place and you have all of you favorite apps in one nice place

i am telling you they watch this board like a hawk there are several people on here from google, motorola, and verizon, that go throught the threads and then they get to work on new and better changes

this site as far as a forum and rapid user base growth has hit record numbers not even the i phone when it first came out did not have a forum and user base this large for several months much less 5 weeks

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
something that is definitely needed... in the event you have to swap out your phone or get a new one this will save a TON of time trying to re-personalize your Droid. Hope this comes to fruition.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
it already did that before

really? I was under the impression it didn't save what apps you had downloaded. That's great to know. Is it just syncd thru G-mail along with your contacts?

Jscullin

Reaction score
Awesome. Makes my decision to drop AT&T and my iPhone feel more like the right one.

Erich_F

Reaction score
Correct, when I exchanged my Droid for a bad GPS on day 2, I was pleasantly surprised to see all my Apps re-install on the new Droid as soon as I signed back into Google. All you have to do is re-build your Home Screen layouts. All your stuff is there, though, Contacts and everything.

destrekor

Reaction score
it already did that before

really? I was under the impression it didn't save what apps you had downloaded. That's great to know. Is it just syncd thru G-mail along with your contacts?

I don't know where it's synced, but when in the store, if you hit the Menu button and tapped "Downloads", it lists all your downloads, any of them with updates available are at the top of the list. If you purchased something but uninstalled it, it is in your downloads page listed as "Purchased" instead of "Installed".

I've heard from quite a few people that when they exchanged their phone and got a new one, all the apps they had installed on the old phone would start installing to the new phone (linked to your gmail account used to sign in to the phone the first time). Also, most settings are carried over to since phone settings are synced to Google by default as well.

What I noticed between 2.0 and 2.0.1 is that the "Verizon" tab of the Market has been replaced by the Downloads tab, so now hitting menu to get to it is no longer necessary, and I guess Verizon will no longer have a place to "feature" certain apps.

Jason

Reaction score
Last edited:

monkeydog

Reaction score
Just wanted to add, since a lot of people don't know about it. If you use MybackUp it will back up your home screen layouts so if you get a new phone or something you can just redownload mybackup and restore your home screens as well... however I'm not sure if it works with home replacements (it lists this feature as Android Home). I use GDE so if I lose my phone and replace it I'll post back if it worked lol.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When i first got the phone, on the 6th of nov. i had to do a reset on the 7th and the 8th.. (user error, lol) but the apps i installed at that point... did NOT reinstall themselves for me. I don't know if i had done something wrong or they hadn't implemented that until a week or so later.. i don't know.