new market help

manicpop

Reaction score
Loving Sapphire 2.0 but I would love the new market. All of my attempts to push the new Vending.apk have resulted in a market that constantly FCs. Some Googling has led me to believe the problem is that the Vending.apk and the Framework are signed differently. Any ideas? I'm running the Black Bar Mod.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try installing on stock first.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

tyrion

Reaction score
I'm on stock, and it doesn't work for me either. Always get the message that it failed to install.

tyrion

Reaction score
Thanks, but that one isn't installing for me either. No idea why.

OP
M

manicpop

Reaction score
The one in that link doesn't work for me. However, I tried it after flashing the Black Bar theme. It might work if I were back on stock theme. Any easy way to revert to stock theme without reflashing the entire ROM (for testing purposes)? I'd rather have a nice theme than the new market, but it would be great to have both.

The new Vending.apk that I have seen on various forums and Android sites does not work on stock Sapphire.

tyrion

Reaction score
I got it to work. Thanks. Not sure why I was having trouble before.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

brando56894

Reaction score
A method that I found out that works is as follows:
1. delete/rename vending.apk
2. delete dalvik-cache from /data and immediately reboot since everything will FC since its lost everything it had in the cache (doing this removes the info android has about what it currently installed, so a reboot will re-build the cache)
3. wipe system cache (optional but doesnt hurt)
4. flash new market
5. reboot